News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG CXVI: Assassin's Gambit (Game Ovev? GAMA OVAR?!)

Started by Kaiveran, September 21, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Quote from: Kaiveran on September 24, 2023, 03:27:48 AMVOTECOUNT 0.2

davy – (2) – XiaoMigros, BlackDragonSlayer
threalmathguy – (2) – A# Minor, TheZeldaPianist275
SpecsFlyer17 – (1) – threalmathguy, A# Minor
BlackDragonSlayer – (0) – XiaoMigros
Toby – (0) – davy
TheZeldaPianist275 – (0) – Toby

I thought poet might have had at least 2 votes

I voted Musical poet at least

Musical Poet

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 05:38:26 AMAlrighty, here's my general thoughts on everyone.

Toby: The fact I can't remember anything about your posts says a lot. I can remember the gists of pretty much everyone else's posts, but not a single thing about any of yours. That tells me that they probably weren't adding a whole lot to the discussion because they likely would have stood out more to me if they did. That being said, I don't find that to be enough to fully suspect you because if I did, then like half the players would also be suspect as assassins.

Specs: ...I forgot about you. On the bright side, going back through your posts, I'm getting a slight town read from you. You seem to actively be trying to not only figure out the best plan for town and actively discuss about other proposed plans, but also get other players to be more active and get their thoughts on the discussion.

I was going to allow your deduction on me because I could agree I've not done anything particularly eventful this game compared to the likes of BDS or Davy, however I find it odd that in contrast you looked back at Specs posts but clearly didn't look back at mine. I've at least notably said I was a bit disinterested going for either of the plans that were discussed heavily by Davy and BDS earlier, and I've also explicitly said I was probably going to vote one of the inactive only today, either yourself, math or poet. So there is some content there that I would call something

From that I think it's obvious you didn't look back at my posts specifically, but you did look back at Specs, is that right?

I'm wondering what to make of that and if I should make anything of it but I'll let you answer first I guess

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 07:22:06 AMFrom that I think it's obvious you didn't look back at my posts specifically, but you did look back at Specs, is that right?

I'm wondering what to make of that and if I should make anything of it but I'll let you answer first I guess
That is correct. The reason I looked back at Specs' posts and not yours is because I had forgotten Specs was a player in the game, as I said in my thoughts post. I fully remembered you were in the game and already had planned on you being one of the first people I talked about in my list.

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 07:22:06 AMI've at least notably said I was a bit disinterested going for either of the plans that were discussed heavily by Davy and BDS earlier, and I've also explicitly said I was probably going to vote one of the inactive only today, either yourself, math or poet. So there is some content there that I would call something
I disagree about either of those being notable content. Being against proposed plans without actually proposing another option is only marginally better than not saying anything about said plans and voting inactives is such a default that it really has no bearing on much of anything. Plus, I feel that voting inactives on the first phase is a bad move. If they continue to be inactive after a second phase, then yes voting them would be ok (under the assumption no better candidates are found), but when phase one hasn't even passed yet, that's too early to assume they'll stay inactive. Just look at me, I was inactive for nearly 48 hours, but only because of work/sleep and just not having been on the forum until BDS told me the game started.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on September 24, 2023, 06:15:13 AMWait, explain this. <snip to avoid huge post>

Why would you hope the phase ended with such an effortless voting lineup?

A# for now, will reevaluate at lunch and after work.
(davy said something about it too, but I don't feel like grabbing the quote)

I actually didn't think about that at all, I just wanted the phase to end so the game could get going. I have absolutely nothing to say about anybody because nothing is happening :P this day start is seriously tripping me up
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

davy

14 pages of posts
Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 08:25:18 AMnothing is happening

And like, I get what you mean, but analyzing people's posts is a major part of TWG, so I would suggest you join in on the fun rather than waiting for a kill.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 08:08:44 AMThat is correct. The reason I looked back at Specs' posts and not yours is because I had forgotten Specs was a player in the game, as I said in my thoughts post. I fully remembered you were in the game and already had planned on you being one of the first people I talked about in my list.
did you look back on anyone else's posts?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 09:05:08 AMdid you look back on anyone else's posts?
No. Like I said, I remembered the gists of everyone else's posts.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kaiveran on September 24, 2023, 03:15:14 AMIt is indeed full role.
SO...

On one hand, it's good for us to know this, but on the other hand, this definitely makes it easier for the assassins to make their deductions.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Catching up with posts I've missed. I have another event going on from noon (so roughly 15 minutes from now) to roughly 2pm, so I'll be a bit pre-occupied, but I will post a formal suspicion list before the end of the phase. I feel there's more than enough information on everyone to make good D0 reads.

Quote from: davy on September 24, 2023, 01:13:46 AMIf we next remove A# and THC from that list because only one person intends to lynch each of them, the most likely lynch candidates for this lynch are:

Xiao
Poet
davy
math

I'd like to hear from everyone what they think of these four lynch candidates.
I'm ok with Xiao being lynched, but I would much prefer a davy lynch—not only because of reasons I've already gone over before, but regarding Xiao (aside from other suspicious-ness others have already brought up), I think a MYLO/LYLO situation with Xiao in it has the potential to be very dangerous. Xiao's playstyle is naturally hard to read, as it tends to consist of shorter posts in general rather than rambling as... some of us are prone to.

Quote from: davy on September 24, 2023, 01:19:20 AMThe phase ending with a KitB with only two votes per player is really bad for town and extremely easy for the assassin to take advantage of. What's worse is that this KitB is caused by A# having a safety on someone that also has another vote. This post is either a big assassin slip up or a truely bad human post. As A# is a newer player, I could see both of those possibilities, but safe to say she moved into my top three suspicions alongside Xiao and Poet.
You're correct in your assessment, and I agree it definitely comes off the wrong but, but I absolutely read that post as more out of general impatience than actively advocating for an unfavorable situation.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2023, 11:49:07 AMYou're correct in your assessment, and I agree it definitely comes off the wrong way, but I absolutely read that post as more out of general impatience than actively advocating for an unfavorable situation.
fixed

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2023, 11:49:07 AMI'm ok with Xiao being lynched, but I would much prefer a davy lynch—not only because of reasons I've already gone over before, but regarding Xiao (aside from other suspicious-ness others have already brought up), I think a MYLO/LYLO situation with Xiao in it has the potential to be very dangerous. Xiao's playstyle is naturally hard to read, as it tends to consist of shorter posts in general rather than rambling as... some of us are prone to.
Also, since I completely forgot, I don't want Poet to be lynched at the moment. If you want, I can potentially discuss this over PMs, but I feel it's better to not share my full reasoning with the thread (yet, at least) to potentially avoid giving away too much.

Mathguy, I'm ambivalent toward at the moment. So in order of lynch preference, I'd say Davy > Xiao > Mathguy > Poet

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 08:08:44 AMThat is correct. The reason I looked back at Specs' posts and not yours is because I had forgotten Specs was a player in the game, as I said in my thoughts post. I fully remembered you were in the game and already had planned on you being one of the first people I talked about in my list.
That does feel a bit unfair toward Toby. I agree with him there.

Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 08:25:18 AMI actually didn't think about that at all, I just wanted the phase to end so the game could get going. I have absolutely nothing to say about anybody because nothing is happening :P this day start is seriously tripping me up
This is a very active game so far. Stuff is happening, even if it's not the stuff you feel you can bounce off of. And I know it's a bit intimidating, but feel free to kick off some discussion topics!!! Like, is there a player you get bad vibes from who you haven't really felt has been getting enough attention?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

davy

Going to sleep soon, and I'll wake up not long before the phase change.

The closest lynch candidates for the thread seem to be Xiao and I. Since Xiao is also among my top lynch candidates:

Xiao
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on September 24, 2023, 12:07:36 PMDang, that hurts  ;D
Ah, I didn't mean it that way. I was writing my post and knew I was forgetting someone, so I had to look back to see who. If it makes you feel any better, I was expecting to not remember who half the players were. I constantly have to double-check things.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2023, 11:57:50 AMThat does feel a bit unfair toward Toby. I agree with him there.
I disagree. If I had reread everyone's posts except for Toby, then that would be very unfair to him. But that wasn't the case, I only reread Specs' posts. If anything, that's unfair to everyone except Specs. Besides, he brought up stuff he had said before in order to refute my point, to which I immediately refuted back since I personally don't believe it actually went against my point.