News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG CXVI: Assassin's Gambit (Game Ovev? GAMA OVAR?!)

Started by Kaiveran, September 21, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A# Minor

there's a 75% chance that I'm missing something, but I don't see any reason for TZP to claim hot target right now

also I kinda hope the phase ends in half an hour
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

SpecsFlyer17

It will end tomorrow night if Im reading the rules correctly. Unless someone gets an insane number of votes in the next 30 min
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

The Musical Poet

Epic! I should be able to say at least one thing per phase.

I will not be voting for now. There isn't enough information for me to go by, but I do not trust TZP's claim.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: The Musical Poet on September 23, 2023, 09:51:15 PMEpic! I should be able to say at least one thing per phase.

I will not be voting for now. There isn't enough information for me to go by, but I do not trust TZP's claim.

Lets get a rules check on this from the more experienced players- Isn't not voting typically a penalty? I forget how that works.

Poet, you may want to submit a vote for somebody (could even make it yourself if you don't have any votes) as a safety vote. Thats why you see people calling votes "safeties"
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

A# Minor

Poet, you're gonna want to vote for somebody, because if you don't, you'll get a phantom vote thingy, and three phantoms gets you out of the game. if you don't know who to vote, you could just pick somebody with no votes (even yourself :P)

Ninja'd
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on September 23, 2023, 10:10:15 PMLets get a rules check on this from the more experienced players- Isn't not voting typically a penalty? I forget how that works.

Poet, you may want to submit a vote for somebody (could even make it yourself if you don't have any votes) as a safety vote. Thats why you see people calling votes "safeties"
From a TWC perspective, the stance I've been taking since the NSMTWG revivial has been "it's up to the host if they wanna use phantoms," and so far, neither games have. As a host, personally, I feel like since there are a lot of new players it's better to relax the rule just a bit.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

The Musical Poet

Since I am new, I may read the previous games to get a feel for everybody's play styles and to see how the game works from a different angle.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

davy

Not much to say about the "leaking info" comment. Could be an assassin slip up, could be a towny not being careful enough with their wording.

However:
Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 02:37:30 PMif you're a human then you generally dont need to worry about avoiding leaking information
This is hypocritical considering this earlier post by you:
Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 04:32:01 AMThere are certain things best left unsaid and this is definitely one

There's no reason this needed to be revealed unless you were using it against someone, which you're not

Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 02:47:16 PMis it just me that feels like there's been such a strong attempt to try co ordinate a plan in a twg that really feels like it doesnt need one?

Yeah, BDS and I probably spend longer going back and forth than strictly necessairy as we both have a tendency of not letting things lie down. But on the plus side it did give something to talk about which is important because town needs all the activity it can get.

Basically, what BDS said:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 23, 2023, 02:55:21 PMI feel it's been fairly revealing of some of the more active players based on their responses to the discussion, so it hasn't been entirely fruitless.

Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 02:47:16 PMI don't want to be negative but honestly that's how I've felt hearing the plans and why I haven't been as engaged
So I'm not quite fond of this sentence. It's fine if you don't want to engage with what you see as unnecessairy strategizing, but then at least engage with something else happening in the thread or start something yourself that players can engage with.

Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 03:02:33 PMwe want to at least keep the focus on finding assassins.

(...)

At this stage in the game I just want a quiet person to be lynched because the wolf sure as hell won't kill them unless they are a target

Lynching quiet people isn't focussing on finding assassins. Getting an assassin lean from this post.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 23, 2023, 04:06:22 PMThat being said, I want to avoid lending to an insta or a kitb this early on, so I will not yet be voting. I don't feel that strongly about anyone without any votes on them currently, and anyone else would either widen the current kitb or make it easier for someone to cause an insta. I am suspicious of Xiao right now for voting so quickly and then quickly changing their vote without much persuasion. I won't speak to the general lack of explanation since that seems to be normal for them.

Can I gather from that that you intend to vote Xiao as things stand? It's important to know players' intend to vote early so that we can come to a consensus early.

Quote from: The Musical Poet on September 23, 2023, 09:51:15 PMI will not be voting for now. There isn't enough information for me to go by, but I do not trust TZP's claim.
Town only has their lynch vote as a means to kill the assassin, so I urge you to use it. The fewer human players vote, the easier it becomes for either assassin to swing the lynch in their favor.

Quote from: The Musical Poet on September 23, 2023, 10:53:41 PMSince I am new, I may read the previous games to get a feel for everybody's play styles and to see how the game works from a different angle.
This is a good idea.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Also, with more players having expressed their opnion, it's now

In favor: davy, TZP, specs, mathguy
Against: BDS, Toby, THC

Yet to express their opinion: Xiao, Poet, A#

Looks like we have about a 50/50 split...
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Unvote for now. I'm at the point where I'm more suspicious of Xiao for his contributions to the game so far, and Poet for not wanting to vote than that I am of Toby, but since they are about equally high on my list I prefer not voting for either right now.

So, let's have a look at everyone's votes:

A#: math - Safety

BDS: davy - suspicious of the way I went into proposing my plan

THC: N/A - but is suspicious of Xiao for voting quickly and then changing vote immediately

Xiao: davy - following BDS as far as I can tell

TZP: math - for not contributing to the strategy talk against TZP's expectations

Specs: N/A - had a "not town lean" on A#, Poet and Xiao

Poet: N/A - intends not to vote as of now

math: Specs - to avoid voting someone that already has votes (basically a safety)

davy: N/A - suspicious of Xiao and Poet, see explanation above

Toby: Poet - wants to get rid of inactives and has stated he'll vote one out of Poet, MathGuy and THC

Please correct me if I missed or misrepresented anything

davy

To get a bit of a cleaner look, let's filter out the safeties and the intention not to vote:

Spoiler
BDS: vote: davy

THC: sus: Xiao

Xiao: vote: davy

TZP: vote: math

Specs: "not town lean": A#, Poet and Xiao

davy: sus: Xiao and Poet

Toby: intended vote: Poet, MathGuy or THC
[close]

If we next remove A# and THC from that list because only one person intends to lynch each of them, the most likely lynch candidates for this lynch are:

Xiao
Poet
davy
math

I'd like to hear from everyone what they think of these four lynch candidates. And to give the right example:

I prefer Xiao or Poet for this phases' lynch, which should come to no one's surprise as they are my top two suspicions.
Not convinced about the arguments against math, but I also don't have enough of a town lean on him to oppose his lynching.
I would be fine with getting lynched myself this phase (I'm practising what I preach, of course).

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: davy on September 24, 2023, 12:29:52 AMCan I gather from that that you intend to vote Xiao as things stand?
That is correct. I do plan on voting before phase change, I would just prefer to wait for more to happen before I make a decision.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

davy

Wait, damn it. I missed this. So glad it was at the top of the page cause it now has my attention:

Quote from: A# Minor on September 23, 2023, 09:27:21 PMalso I kinda hope the phase ends in half an hour

The phase ending with a KitB with only two votes per player is really bad for town and extremely easy for the assassin to take advantage of. What's worse is that this KitB is caused by A# having a safety on someone that also has another vote. This post is either a big assassin slip up or a truely bad human post. As A# is a newer player, I could see both of those possibilities, but safe to say she moved into my top three suspicions alongside Xiao and Poet.

Toby

Quote from: davy on September 24, 2023, 12:29:52 AMNot much to say about the "leaking info" comment. Could be an assassin slip up, could be a towny not being careful enough with their wording.

However:This is hypocritical considering this earlier post by you:

That's why I explicitly said 'generally' as to not be hypocritical