News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

TWG CXVI: Assassin's Gambit (Game Ovev? GAMA OVAR?!)

Started by Kaiveran, September 21, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Musical Poet

I tend to sometimes blow out and say more than what was necessary. That is why it seems strange. apologies lol
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Toby

if you're a human then you generally dont need to worry about avoiding leaking information

BlackDragonSlayer

Yeah, what Toby said. Overall, I understand that feeling as a newcomer to TWG, but at the same time going too silent mostly just ends up making things more difficult to figure out.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

is it just me that feels like there's been such a strong attempt to try co ordinate a plan in a twg that really feels like it doesnt need one? I don't want to be negative but honestly that's how I've felt hearing the plans and why I haven't been as engaged

the letting yourself die as a normal human if you're voted plan just seems very redundant because the chance of a normal human dying being a good thing has as much chance (or less) as focusing on lynching assassins working out

and a plan for the hot targets to claim and give the assassins what they need to win doesn't sound beneficial at all either.

Toby

Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 02:47:16 PMis it just me that feels like there's been such a strong attempt to try co ordinate a plan in a twg that really feels like it doesnt need one? I don't want to be negative but honestly that's how I've felt hearing the plans and why I haven't been as engaged
I feel like a huge hypocrite considering the low impact number plans I suggested last game but I feel like although the game was simple my plan at least had a clear  benefit with low effort

Toby

Also I'm going to vote someone that's inactive this game for day 1, because I don't want to deal with less active people later in the game and I can at least guarantee a benefit to their lynch in that sense if they aren't assassin/ward

So rn I'll either vote THC, math guy or poet

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 02:47:16 PMis it just me that feels like there's been such a strong attempt to try co ordinate a plan in a twg that really feels like it doesnt need one? I don't want to be negative but honestly that's how I've felt hearing the plans and why I haven't been as engaged
I'm inclined to agree, and I am somewhat concerned how it's mostly monopolized the discussion up until now. At the same time, I feel it's been fairly revealing of some of the more active players based on their responses to the discussion, so it hasn't been entirely fruitless.

On one hand, I get the temptation to try and plan rather than just going with the flow, especially with the less familiar nature of this game compared to a standard run-of-the-mill game, but on the other hand, like you said, when planning, the first thing to address is whether the planning is actually necessary to begin with.

Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 02:49:24 PMI feel like a huge hypocrite considering the low impact number plans I suggested last game but I feel like although the game was simple my plan at least had a clear  benefit with low effort
And a few people even failed to follow the plan last game :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 23, 2023, 02:55:21 PMAnd a few people even failed to follow the plan last game :P
Exactly!

Also, in regards to humans just rolling over and dying if voted- if people have genuine defences for things they're being accused of they should be allowed to say. We'll end up just voting off normal humans all day if no one is defending themselves, and we want to at least keep the focus on finding assassins. I get that normal humans dying actually have a chance of being beneficial, and hey maybe later in the game the probabilities will change and we can consider it more later, but at this stage in the game, it doesn't weigh in our favour

At this stage in the game I just want a quiet person to be lynched because the wolf sure as hell won't kill them unless they are a target

A# Minor

so i made a vote count thing. i hope i didn't miss anything

A#: Specs math
BDS: N/A
THC: N/A
Xiao: BDS davy
TZP: math
Specs: N/A
Poet: N/A
math: Specs
davy: Toby
Toby: TZP Poet

so far, math has the most votes  :o
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Toby

Quote from: A# Minor on September 23, 2023, 03:06:32 PMso i made a vote count thing. i hope i didn't miss anything

A#: Specs math
BDS: N/A
THC: N/A
Xiao: BDS davy
TZP: math
Specs: N/A
Poet: N/A
math: Specs
davy: Toby
Toby: TZP Poet

so far, math has the most votes  :o

BDS voted Davy too im sure so both Math and Davy are tied with 2 votes

Toby

what does the phase ending with absolute majority mean? Does that mean it will end tonight only there's an insta?

A# Minor

oh yeah, he did

ninja'd
Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 03:10:57 PMwhat does the phase ending with absolute majority mean? Does that mean it will end tonight only there's an insta?
umm... maybe if everyone wants to extend the phase, it'll be extended? would be kinda nice to see if THC and math would show up tbh
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

Quote from: A# Minor on September 23, 2023, 03:12:36 PMninja'd
umm... maybe if everyone wants to extend the phase, it'll be extended, but it'll end tonight by default? would be kinda nice to see if THC and math would show up tbh
fixed
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on September 23, 2023, 03:10:57 PMwhat does the phase ending with absolute majority mean? Does that mean it will end tonight only there's an insta?
I've never seen such a system before, but I think it means that if more than 50% players are voting for the same person it will end at the Early Countdown, and if not it'll end at the Late Countdown. A bit confusing. I feel like standardized phase ends would be better with normal insta mechanics.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]