News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG CXVI: Assassin's Gambit (Game Ovev? GAMA OVAR?!)

Started by Kaiveran, September 21, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 25, 2023, 11:24:52 AMAnd that does not apply in this case.
idk I feel like you of all people should know better? This is the type of analytical thought I've generally seen is kept to oneself, for good reason

youre not making much sense at all rn...

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

XiaoMigros

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 25, 2023, 12:15:04 PMYour point being? I don't see how thats relevant
You know you're pretty high up on most people's suspicion lists, and given the opportunity of a potential emerging A# suspicion, it's not surprising you'd jump on it—but instead of pointing out "hey, these other people brought up her suspicious behavior and I agree with you," you attempted to make it seem like an original thought so you wouldn't be called out for it.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 25, 2023, 12:17:35 PMBDS maybe I'm reading this completely wrong but it just sounds like a generic rookie move that could have done with some further thought behind it
That's fair, I suppose.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 25, 2023, 12:22:20 PMidk I feel like you of all people should know better? This is the type of analytical thought I've generally seen is kept to oneself, for good reason

youre not making much sense at all rn...
Yes, which is why I felt fine sharing it with the thread. If I thought it was in any way disadvantageous to share publicly, I would not have done so. As with Toby, you trying to suggest otherwise feels like a ploy to keep town ignorant by suggesting that beneficial information should not be shared.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

XiaoMigros

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 25, 2023, 12:28:19 PMYou know you're pretty high up on most people's suspicion lists, and given the opportunity of a potential emerging A# suspicion, it's not surprising you'd jump on it
Well in case it wasn't clear I don't really mind being lynched- people don't tend to listen to me in endgame anyways because I can't write essays and being lynched at this point isn't even necessarily bad for town since idk what i am

XiaoMigros

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 25, 2023, 12:28:19 PMAs with Toby, you trying to suggest otherwise feels like a ploy to keep town ignorant by suggesting that beneficial information should not be shared.
but this would have been best kept out of public eye, especially if one of the assassins isnt a vet

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: threalmathguy on September 25, 2023, 12:05:30 PM...a sentiment you seemed to share as well

Correct. I don't think you're a ward at all, I think you're an assassin

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 25, 2023, 10:07:29 AMTHC's behavior is glaringly suspicious, there's no doubt about that, but my worry is that he's acting too obviously suspicious. He's unapologetically going full throttle down the route of "I'm doing suspicious stuff and I know the stuff I'm doing is suspicious" that I can't help but feel he's deliberately trying to get himself lynched—maybe he's doing what TZP is doing and intentionally trying to make himself a target because he knows he isn't a hot target (and given his strange behavior toward me in PMs, maybe he's hoping he's actually a ward), or maybe he's doing crazy reverse psychology as an assassin to try and get the other assassin to avoid night killing him and avoid lynching by just confusing the hell out of everybody.

Regardless, I don't think he's doing optimal town play.
I really don't understand why you think I'm intentionally trying to be suspicious. I legit am making plays I think are the best courses of action.

I want to responds to another post, but it's too far back for me to be able to quote it in this post, so I'll do it in a separate one.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on September 25, 2023, 08:05:22 AMBut I still don't see why you'd prefer to lynch someone else over letting your number 2 suspicion be in a KITb, I literally don't see the benefit to that.
The assassins objectively have a lot more info than town does right now. We need to have as much control over the situation as we can. A KitB is randomly chosen, ergo no control over the outcome. I'd rather lynch someone I'm neutral on than let us lose control over the lynch. Keeping the KitB would've still had a 50% chance of killing davy anyway. I'm still concerned about you, Toby, but I still think math should be lynched this coming day phase.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Toby on September 25, 2023, 12:28:42 PMur so funny lol

I had to go off for an hour and I see 3 bloody pages with people manipulating each other and analyzing each other's messages. And I'm just here just staring at all this nonsense and wondering how the hell did this even happen. -v-
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 25, 2023, 01:52:24 PMThe assassins objectively have a lot more info than town does right now. We need to have as much control over the situation as we can. A KitB is randomly chosen, ergo no control over the outcome. I'd rather lynch someone I'm neutral on than let us lose control over the lynch. Keeping the KitB would've still had a 50% chance of killing davy anyway.
I don't really follow this reasoning still or know what 'assassins objectively have a lot more info' has to do with it

All a KitB does is randomly choose between 2 people. It doesn't make us completely have no control over the lynch, it literally just randomly picks the 2 most favoured people. And objectively town had a lot more to lose with Davy being mislynched than math guy, so especially with math guy being your main suspicion I still don't see the benefit in the swap

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 25, 2023, 12:47:41 PMbut this would have been best kept out of public eye, especially if one of the assassins isnt a vet
I don't think this would be a newbie vs. veteran issue, but rather a "people paying attention to the basic facts of the game" vs. "people not paying attention to the basic facts of the game" issue. Town can be the latter and it is much riskier for a large number of town to be among the latter.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 25, 2023, 01:48:37 PMI really don't understand why you think I'm intentionally trying to be suspicious. I legit am making plays I think are the best courses of action.
i honestly don't know what to think of you at this point

My prior thoughts are my best attempt.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber