News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game Postgame

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 31, 2023, 03:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 31, 2023, 04:11:19 PMAlso I'm really sorry I hit you THC
S'all good. Like I said, random chance. I literally used a randomizer to pick my number.

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 31, 2023, 04:18:13 PMAlso if THC had picked 75 instead of 74, that would've been a triple kill. He fell on the grenade to 'save' the team.
Just call me Steve Rogers.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Toby

This game was super fun. I haven't played TWG in like 5 years or something so it was really cool to revisit and really fun to invest some energy into. I think I had about 180 posts lol which is probably my most ever.

I think the last games I played used Discord so having everything in topic was definitely different as I used to love a chat room and do reaction tests (although I forget how I even did them LOL)

I thought I was gonna be better at this than I was but my reads were terrible this game lol. But I'm at least proud for being able to defend myself and be the last surviving human

A# Minor

Bro TZP just rolled wolf twice in a row XDD

Also I didn't realize I picked the same number twice, I just picked any random multiple of 7 without checking lol. I was confused
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: A# Minor on August 31, 2023, 04:31:04 PMBro TZP just rolled wolf twice in a row XDD
can we go three for three

For any potential hosts out there, my strategy is to randomize both the role list and the player list, and then match them both up. PMs are then sent out in the order of the randomized list top-to-bottom (to avoid any possibility of timestamp shenanigans being used to discern roles). The unsorted list looks like this:

4. Number Cruncher: Toby
5. Number Cruncher: E. Gadd Industries
8. Number Cruncher: A# Minor
2. Number Cruncher: ThatHiddenCharacter
6. Number Cruncher: magnet
7. Number Cruncher: SpecsFlyer17
1. Head Honcho: TheZeldaPianist275
9. The Phantom Number Swapper: Olimar12345
3. Number Cruncher: XiaoMigros
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 31, 2023, 04:15:49 PMInteresting! I assumed you were hoping to keep Olimar alive so he could back you up in a final lynch, thus achieving his alternate win condition by being the last human alive.
Nah, not really, I knew I was gonna join Specs and Xiao in pushing for his lynch the next day. It was more just that I knew I could turn some heads and cause some chaos by not going along with an obviously beneficial scheme, and the fact that I thought he had already won soured the deal even more. I tried to launder my narrative of who would benefit from the missed double wolfing through Specs, but I feel like I was pretty heavy-handed with that and he kept the receipts so it didn't work out that well--probably my biggest mistake this game.

Also the Hall of Quotes got me ugly laughing. "E. Gadd sus....hot damn E. Gadd sus....Why did it post twice" is hilarious

THC and Toby, thank you for the kind words! It felt like quite an uphill battle, especially after the no lynch day.

BDS, thank you for hosting, I had a blast. You rock

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 31, 2023, 04:39:05 PMNah, not really, I knew I was gonna join Specs and Xiao in pushing for his lynch the next day. It was more just that I knew I could turn some heads and cause some chaos by not going along with an obviously beneficial scheme, and the fact that I thought he had already won soured the deal even more. I tried to launder my narrative of who would benefit from the missed double wolfing through Specs, but I feel like I was pretty heavy-handed with that and he kept the receipts so it didn't work out that well--probably my biggest mistake this game.
I think it definitely worked in your favor that you knew Specs IRL. It can be really hard in cases like that to shake off any biases toward people you're familiar with from outside the game (on the other hand though, being more familiar with a person could also potentially help you pick up on when they're bluffing or otherwise behaving out of character; it can really go either way).

QuoteAlso the Hall of Quotes got me ugly laughing. "E. Gadd sus....hot damn E. Gadd sus....Why did it post twice" is hilarious
i knew i needed to make one as soon as i saw toby's quote about you solving the game :D

QuoteBDS, thank you for hosting, I had a blast. You rock
No problem! Glad you enjoyed!!!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 31, 2023, 04:50:24 PMi knew i needed to make one as soon as i saw toby's quote about you solving the game :D
yey, my breakfast thing made the cut
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

XiaoMigros

me not submitting numbers was intentional, i figured my odds weere better without human fallacy

A# Minor

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 31, 2023, 05:13:26 PMme not submitting numbers was intentional, i figured my odds weere better without human fallacy
well apparently they were XD

also I still feel silly about submitting the same number twice
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on August 31, 2023, 04:05:14 PMsomeone please explain the PM from Olimar
THERE IS NO CONTEXT I GENUINELY DONT KNOW

i didnt realise it could mean specs the player until we were talking about that

XiaoMigros

maybe bds has a more comprehensive collection but i forgot to include him once

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 31, 2023, 05:13:26 PMme not submitting numbers was intentional, i figured my odds weere better without human fallacy
After you did it the second time, I figured as much—avoid any potential biases toward whatever number you would intentionally pick.

That double-or-nothing play of voting for TZP right toward the end was pretty insane too :P Makes sense given that Toby was 100% gonna vote for you anyway.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 31, 2023, 05:18:41 PMmaybe bds has a more comprehensive collection but i forgot to include him once
I looked back on my PMs as soon as it was brought up, but I'm still not sure? Olimar will definitely have to explain that one.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

XiaoMigros

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 31, 2023, 03:47:41 PMSo, I'm with TZP irl right now.

If anyone wants me to say anything mean or commit any acts of violence, I'm taking requests.
call him a nothing burger

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 31, 2023, 03:47:41 PMSo, I'm with TZP irl right now.

If anyone wants me to say anything mean or commit any acts of violence, I'm taking requests.
OK this made me laugh way too hard

Ninja'd by Xiao: that's creative lol
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

XiaoMigros

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 31, 2023, 05:20:51 PMThat double-or-nothing play of voting for TZP right toward the end was pretty insane too :P Makes sense given that Toby was 100% gonna vote for you anyway.
yeah even though it ended up being -or-nothing i wouldnt have changed what i did, nut as i said in game it was too little too late...

props to tzp for being the wolf last time too so i suspected him less, good job on that