News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 17, 2023, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecsFlyer17

Also guys I earned my second star. Please clap
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 21, 2023, 10:42:32 AMYou knew I wasn't the PNS, and by claiming it for yourself but not as a joke you were trying to get the real PNS to step forward.

A# Already claimed. As far as I was aware the real PNS already claimed? If I wasn't going to find sincerity in A#'s claim, how would I find sincerity in any other claim? your logic or timelines dont make sense

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 21, 2023, 10:43:24 AMAlso guys I earned my second star. Please clap
I got 5 extra stars from these two games XD
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on August 21, 2023, 10:42:19 AMbecause he openly announces a beneficial Wolf/PNS strategy that only comes alive if the PNS claims? Him saying that actually entices the PNS to claim and follow his plan
Him saying that makes it a known fact and means we can vote out any PNS that shows up

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on August 21, 2023, 10:44:05 AMA# Already claimed. As far as I was aware the real PNS already claimed? If I wasn't going to find sincerity in A#'s claim, how would I find sincerity in any other claim? your logic or timelines dont make sense
A# only claimed after you did??? or am I missing something

A# Minor

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 21, 2023, 10:45:28 AMA# only claimed after you did??? or am I missing something
I claimed first
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

XiaoMigros

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 21, 2023, 10:43:24 AMAlso guys I earned my second star. Please clap
congrats

cant relate, i have transcended stars as a concept

A# Minor

Would link to it but I'm kinda in the middle of doing my school here
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

XiaoMigros

XiaoMigros

Quote from: A# Minor on August 21, 2023, 10:46:20 AMWould link to it but I'm kinda in the middle of doing my school here
That's fine, I believe you

XiaoMigros

Toby, what were you trying to achieve with claiming PNS then, if the established PNS was already known?

SpecsFlyer17

Claiming PNS after someone else prevents the wolf from knowing his identity. This puts a roadblock on the wolf+PNS teaming up that we have discussed.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 21, 2023, 10:48:49 AMClaiming PNS after someone else prevents the wolf from knowing his identity. This puts a roadblock on the wolf+PNS teaming up that we have discussed.

You ninja'd me by saying what I was going to say XDD
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Toby on August 21, 2023, 10:22:46 AMIf you think I'm off on the wrong track PM me, you don't have to announce it to the topic, regardless, you did
This is a reasonable thing to say, but if I PMd you and said "stop talking about this publicly" wouldn't it have seemed odd to everyone else to just drop that topic of conversation suddenly? I responded kinda impulsively because I was at a wedding, and I suppose I could have said something to you privately, but I'm not wholeheartedly convinced that it would have been better.

Quote from: Toby on August 21, 2023, 10:22:46 AMAlso you're probably the 1 person in this game I'd think should suspect me least for claiming to be the PNS
I don't suspect you for being the PNS--I suspect you for being the wolf. And I didn't suspect you because you claimed PNS, I initially interpreted that as a smokescreen which I thought was fine. It was E. Gadd's backup message that made me lean that way.

Quote from: Toby on August 21, 2023, 10:22:46 AMI was actually surprised you didn't claim, TZP, considering it was your plan after all
At the time you also suggested that a counterclaim from you or me wouldn't carry much weight, since we had already spoken out against it in the thread. I asked Specs if he would do it instead, and he declined. Specs verify this please

Quote from: Toby on August 21, 2023, 10:33:34 AMWhat do you think happened?

A# Claims PNS
I claim PNS

e gadd messages both as he is (apparently now) the real PNS. But he is able to make the deduction that I'm actually a wolf and now we are both working together?
It wouldn't need to be E. Gadd making that deduction lol--it could just as easily have been you, couldn't it? I'm not saying I know what happened behind the scenes with you two, I'm just saying that this post looks like you two have been communicating privately and coordinating a narrative.

Toby

If anyone doesn't believe I only claimed PNS to throw the wolf off being able to link up:

TZP suggested it:
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 19, 2023, 03:22:36 PMHowever if it is a sincere claim—how do you want to handle it? Do the "I am Spartacus" approach and have multiple other people claim PNS to spook the wolf off?

I asked magnet to false claim first, which could 1. make the wolf claim to him if Xiao's post wasn't serious or 2. if Xiao was serious, mean the wolf couldn't find the PNS:
Quote from: Toby on August 19, 2023, 03:43:27 PMHey

Do you feel like (false?) claiming the third party in the TWG
I believe Xiao just jokingly claimed so it would work for you to counter claim and then he says he was joking and you're the only claim standing probs. If the real third party counter claims you I think a bunch of people will just pile on so no one knows who to believe

As TZP mentioned in the game the wolf could be inclined to reach out to the third party so if they claimed to you that could be a win, and I think a fake claim from you would be most believable

You have this PM from me to prove to everyone it was a fake claim intended to try catch the wolf if anyone becomes sus of you but i think it's worth a try

I then asked Xiao to double down on his claim after A# claimed, as when A# claimed I assumed it was real and I wanted to enact the 'I am Sparticus!' plan TZP suggested:
Quote from: Toby on August 19, 2023, 09:34:58 PMHi I assumed your PNS claim in the topic was a joke but since the PNS actually claiming could be damaging to humans if they work with the wolf, I think you should double down on your claim and I'm just gonna claim too to mess things about more lol

I then claimed after, committing to the I am Sparticus plan, I was surprised to see TZP did not claim