TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 17, 2023, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnet

XiaoMigros

Why didn't you follow the number-choosing scheme?

XiaoMigros

Toby

My strategy was just to change someone's number to match mine, so that if my number is the closest one I die but I win.

Regardless I still want to help find wolves so going to keep hunting.

magnet

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 20, 2023, 12:39:49 AMWhy didn't you follow the number-choosing scheme?

Well, uh. I assumed you couldn't change your number after you have already submitted it. But anyway, I'm not really convinced about the scheme. Maybe I'm a dummy.

Also... are we lynching someone or not? (How do you even vote? I haven't played on this forum) Is it even worth lynching one of the supposed PNS?

XiaoMigros

XiaoMigros

Quote from: magnet on August 20, 2023, 04:48:28 AMHow do you even vote?
You announce in this thread the name of who you vote for (usually in bold text)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: magnet on August 20, 2023, 04:48:28 AMAlso... are we lynching someone or not? (How do you even vote? I haven't played on this forum)
As Xiao said, just bold the name of the person you're voting for when you vote for them. Unfortunately, unlike some other places we don't have a bot to auto-count votes (or post a current votecount), but the bold text helps hosts (and other players!!!) more easily pick up on votes.

magnet
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

A list of the numbers everyone chose themselves so far:

1. A# Minor - 34
2. TheZeldaPianist275 - 10
3. Olimar12345 - 1
4. E. Gadd Industries - 22
6. SpecsFlyer17
7. XiaoMigros - 42
8. magnet - 0
9. Toby - 35

Just still no idea which number Specsflyer picked yet

XiaoMigros

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 20, 2023, 05:06:53 AMmagnet
The host, voting for magnet?? I think we can end this game here and now

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on August 20, 2023, 05:13:07 AMA list of the numbers everyone chose themselves so far:
wild to me that i picked the highest living number

SpecsFlyer17

I picked 77. Looks like I narrowly avoided death there.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

XiaoMigros

so wolf number was between 59-75

SpecsFlyer17

Obviously one of the 8 numbers on Tobys list is boloney since it came from the wolf.

However, using those numbers, the wolf must've picked between 59 and 75. I don't think that data is useful to us for any deduction, but it's neat knowing.

Also it just occurred to me that there are actually 101 choices, since 0 is fair game haha.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

Quote from: magnet on August 20, 2023, 04:48:28 AMWell, uh. I assumed you couldn't change your number after you have already submitted it. But anyway, I'm not really convinced about the scheme. Maybe I'm a dummy.

Also... are we lynching someone or not? (How do you even vote? I haven't played on this forum) Is it even worth lynching one of the supposed PNS?

Why weren't you convinced about the scheme and why didn't you say so before the phase ended?

I also find it strange you claimed to go for the first number available as if we want to consider social factors/psychology into our probability, one could say that 0 had a higher chance of being picked by someone else over other numbers just because it's the first number available