TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 17, 2023, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecsFlyer17

I'm wondering if we should all share the number that we chose for Night 1. If A# is telling the truth (both about being the PNS and choosing TZP), we may be able to find some evidence if everyone shares, since we know 74 was the closest to the wolf's number.

Thoughts? What's done is done; Night 1 results have no impact on any future nights, so I can't see any downside for the humans to share what they picked.

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 19, 2023, 07:32:04 PMI'm wondering if we should all share the number that we chose for Night 1. If A# is telling the truth (both about being the PNS and choosing TZP), we may be able to find some evidence if everyone shares, since we know 74 was the closest to the wolf's number.

Thoughts? What's done is done; Night 1 results have no impact on any future nights, so I can't see any downside for the humans to share what they picked.

I second this idea and would gladly tell my numbers. (Also RIP ThatHiddenCharacter  :( )
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Olimar12345

Rip TZP :c

Idm telling that I just picked the number 1 without rhyme or reason.

Quote from: A# Minor on August 19, 2023, 06:19:24 PMUm, no. I am the Phantom Number Swapper.

Was this a serious claim, A#?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

A# Minor

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 19, 2023, 08:20:57 PMWas this a serious claim, A#?

Of course it was, why else would I claim?

Also, my number was 35 and I swapped TZP's to 20. FAIL
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

TheZeldaPianist275

Still here Olimar—pick on someone else pls A#

My number was 9(1)+1=10 as per Toby's plan—not that it matters, apparently. Specs is right that there's probably no downside to sharing our numbers, though I don't know that it's going to be very helpful in terms of providing suggestions for wolf candidates. What's done is done indeed—that was a frustrating way to end the phase

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Toby

I'm actually the PNS

I swapped E gadds number to match mine, so we both chose 35

A# Minor

Yeah, right. 35 is MY number.
Anyway, if you are the PNS, you wouldn't ask someone else to false claim for you when you could easily do it yourself...
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Toby

Imagine 35 was the closest number 3 people would have died LOL

I did my (9x3)+8 tho :P

SpecsFlyer17

Alright something is definitely off here. We have two players claiming PNS.

A# claimed to switch TZPs while retaining 35.
Toby claimed to switch E Gadd to 35 while retaining 35.

If Toby is truthful, looks like the wolf missed out on a triple kill there.

Anyways, we've got a situation here.

A# Minor

Toby saying that he picked 35 and that he also switched E. Gadd's number to 35 (which would result in his death if he wins—isn't that what he was trying to avoid?) is really bothering me. It seems like he's trying to play it safe, because if he (Toby) picked the number 35 and survived, then E. Gadd also wouldn't die at 35, so there would be no way that he could have won. (I can clarify this if you need me to; I just can't find the words right now.) I don't see any reason to swap someone else's number to the same number as yours. Again, if Toby was the PNS, him risking his death along with E. Gadd's (and me!) is contradicting those crazy plans he came up with last night. Doesn't sit well with me at all.
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: A# Minor on August 19, 2023, 10:39:33 PMToby saying that he picked 35 and that he also switched E. Gadd's number to 35 (which would result in his death if he wins—isn't that what he was trying to avoid?) is really bothering me. It seems like he's trying to play it safe, because if he (Toby) picked the number 35 and survived, then E. Gadd also wouldn't die at 35, so there would be no way that he could have won. (I can clarify this if you need me to; I just can't find the words right now.) I don't see any reason to swap someone else's number to the same number as yours. Again, if Toby was the PNS, him risking his death along with E. Gadd's (and me!) is contradicting those crazy plans he came up with last night. Doesn't sit well with me at all.

Remember, the PNS wins if the swap causes someone new to be wolfed. Their win condition isn't tied to them surviving, necessarily.

I'm still more concerned that two people claimed.

E. Gadd Industries

Late to the party. I originally picked 22 but if Toby is correct then it ended up being 35 :P (also I didn't get the chance to change my number to follow the plan, else I would've done that)

I'm gonna sleep on this PNS double claim. I've got some PMs with THC that I can share as well where he was of the mindset Toby was PNS all along fishing for an easy wolf counterclaim. If Toby is indeed PNS, then it seems THC was spot-on about that.

This is an interesting situation and my initial response is, if they both claim, lynch 'em both, one day after the other, but I would like to give the PNS a chance to win. So, that's my initial reaction. Take from it what you will. I'll be back tomorrow around 2pm PDT to give more of a well-put-together thought process. I also might be around toward 9a PDT if I can catch some time after rehearsal.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros