News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 17, 2023, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

the whole thing will be more chaos if nobody follows the plan..

E. Gadd Industries

So what plan are we going with? TZP's or Toby's? Or some secret third option I may be forgetting?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

If THC is actually going to bed we may not be able to coordinate. We could try to coordinate everyone who's not THC, but the plan loses the benefit of knowing that everyone was on board with jt. So random selection may be our best option.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 19, 2023, 12:48:22 PMIf THC is actually going to bed we may not be able to coordinate. We could try to coordinate everyone who's not THC, but the plan loses the benefit of knowing that everyone was on board with jt. So random selection may be our best option.
I have work tonight, so yes I am actually going to bed. I was just responding to some messages first. This is my last post. May the almighty BDS have mercy on our souls.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 19, 2023, 12:37:35 PMp sure it ends in 6 hours
Yep! Unless the power goes out cause of the storm. Let's hope it doesn't. :-X
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Yeah I don't think we have time to fully co ordinate. But even if most of us were co ordinated it's better than nothing but I don't think everyone was able to agree

TZP's plan just sounded like there was a lot more opportunity for ties than mine

Also want to reiterate if the third party doesn't claim tonight then they will be in danger of being lynched later in the game. Tonight is the only night with all players so if they claim tonight there will be no counter claim. However due to no cardflips, we won't know if the third party dies tonight or not which could allow the wolf to false claim later- hence only a claim tonight would provide the third party safety from future lynches.

TheZeldaPianist275

Toby, what is the advantage you see in having the PNS claim?

Toby

Anyway if you wanted to do the plan I initially suggested this is how it would work for everyone

A# Minor
You pick a number in 9 times table
TheZeldaPianist275
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +1 to final number
Olimar12345
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +2 to final number
E. Gadd Industries
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +3 to final number
ThatHiddenCharacter
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +4 to final number
SpecsFlyer17
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +5 to final number
XiaoMigros
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +6 to final number
magnet
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +7 to final number
Toby
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +8 to final number

Toby

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 19, 2023, 01:18:57 PMToby, what is the advantage you see in having the PNS claim?
I want to lynch wolves. The PNS is not a wolf. 1 less person i need to worry about lynching

if they claim now i can trust their claim and not lynch them. if we try lynch them later and they say 'hey don't lynch me im the PMS not a wolf' then I can't trust that because PNS might have got wolfed already

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on August 19, 2023, 01:20:33 PMAnyway if you wanted to do the plan I initially suggested this is how it would work for everyone

A# Minor
You pick a number in 9 times table
TheZeldaPianist275
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +1 to final number
Olimar12345
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +2 to final number
E. Gadd Industries
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +3 to final number
ThatHiddenCharacter
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +4 to final number
SpecsFlyer17
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +5 to final number
XiaoMigros
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +6 to final number
magnet
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +7 to final number
Toby
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +8 to final number
FWIW, I will sleep soon and be submitting my number based on this plan

BlackDragonSlayer

Just a clarification on what happens when each role doesn't submit a night action (in case it wasn't clear enough in the game description):
- If the Head Honcho does not submit a number, it is randomized. There will always be a wolfing.
- If a Number Cruncher does not submit a number, it is randomized. Everyone gets a number whether they want one or not.
- If the PNS does not submit a number, it is randomized. If they do not pick a person to number swap, they do not carry out their swapping action at all since the act of swapping is optional. If they pick a person to number swap but do not pick a number for them (it happens! :P) then the number that person is swapped to is randomized.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

XiaoMigros

are we allowed to know how the random numbers are generated

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Toby on August 19, 2023, 01:23:53 PMI want to lynch wolves. The PNS is not a wolf. 1 less person i need to worry about lynching
I understand this rationale, but doesn't the PNS claiming also provide the wolf with a potential ally? I agree with you that the wolf is weak in this game. If the PNS claims, doesn't that incentivize the wolf to privately contact the PNS and coordinate a double wolfing, which advantages both teams?

TheZeldaPianist275

Oh also I agree with Toby and Xiao that some coordination is better than none. I also will submit a number 9n+1 as per Toby's scheme.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 19, 2023, 01:54:01 PMare we allowed to know how the random numbers are generated
Indeed!

https://www.random.org/integers/

I'll generate the numbers one at a time as needed and assign them from top-to-bottom down the player list for anyone who didn't submit a night action.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber