twg cxiv: nothing special 2: electric boogaloo

Started by ThatHiddenCharacter, August 01, 2023, 05:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A# Minor

yey, it is time for me to analyze all players and possible wolf pairs

1–ThatHiddenCharacter: He's... that. And he's HIDDEN. What more must I say?

OK, jokes aside:

1–Xiao: To be honest, I've had a bad feeling about him since the beginning, and now everything seems to point towards him being a wolf.
2–Kaiveran: They've been so neutral that they're starting to become suspicious (to me) because of it.
3–TZP: I don't have much to analyze with him, but in my eyes he can definitely be a wolf because of that. CoMe BaCk AnD tAlK
4–E. Gadd: I don't see any reason to suspect him any more.
5–A# Minor: I feel silly about adding my name here.

Xiao/Kaiveran: If TZP isn't a wolf, then this is it.
Xiao/TZP: If Kaiveran isn't a wolf, then this is it.
Xiao/E. Gadd: Very unlikely.
Xiao/A#m: I, uh, haven't said a word to him.
TZP/Kaiveran: If Xiao isn't a wolf, then this is it, but I'd be shocked if he isn't.
TZP/E. Gadd: Then I'd wonder what in the world they were doing earlier.
TZP/A#m: We only PM'd each other like once or twice.
A#m/E. Gadd: I don't think it's normal for wolves to openly suspect each other.
Kaiveran/A#m: To avoid writing it a third time, I'll say this instead: I should really talk to people.

I think that covers everything.
Also, I'd like to note that this took like an hour to complete.
/|\(^._.^)/|\ (I did tell you)
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Kaiveran

check in real quick during a lull

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 05, 2023, 02:25:32 PMA# Minor and E Gadd is a possibility, but I feel like TZP and you are too, Kaiveran. It does seem a little obvious to downright agree with them in your analysis post, but I do get the sense both of you have been avoiding each other somewhat. Not to mention, TZP has been more agressive and directly confrontational towards the others, as if trying to divide our attention.

tbis seems pretty rational from a town Xiao pov, but in what sense have do you feel I've been avoiding Zelda

I gave my mild town read of him and as I remember I didn't get much of a response from him, so I think there's an asymmetry you're not accounting for here

Not saying that can't be telling off course . What exactly is scummy about Zelda's aggression do you think?
~ Kai Lugheidh | http://pronoun.is/ey ~

TheZeldaPianist275

Checking in here for no other reason than to say I have not forgotten about this. I'm on the road visiting my girlfriend's family right now, but will be around tomorrow afternoon to hash things out before the end of the phase.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Kaiveran on August 05, 2023, 02:01:29 PMFrom memory I feel like Xiao & A# Minor gave me similar feelings, but Gadd seems to lock-clear her so i'd urge him to share with the class when appropriate
I get that you're busy, but if you do find the time, I'd like to see if your memory stands up to reading through the game thread for interactions. As for me, it isn't necessarily that it's a lock-clear, but the way A# is playing is very much a "Hey I'm new and just trying to figure out whatever I can and help wherever I can". If she's a wolf and this is her first game ever and she's playing like that, I think we've stumbled upon a TWG prodigy, or at the very least, I've never seen something like that in my time of playing.

Quote from: Kaiveran on August 05, 2023, 02:02:30 PMoh yeah and IT'S LYLO so don't vote until you're damn sure of your vote.
Not to mention the potential for a wolf rush from one (1) vote placed by a town on a town. I'm going to be up late tomorrow night analyzing if others want to join me; I'll be asleep for phase change so it'll be the only time I can really contribute to the phase outside of what I'm doing now.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 05, 2023, 02:25:32 PMA# Minor and E Gadd is a possibility, but I feel like TZP and you are too, Kaiveran. It does seem a little obvious to downright agree with them in your analysis post, but I do get the sense both of you have been avoiding each other somewhat. Not to mention, TZP has been more agressive and directly confrontational towards the others, as if trying to divide our attention.
I mean, I def see where you're coming from with me and A#, but I've definitely gone back and forth on where I stand with her. After bluntly accusing her in PM of being a wolf, she responded with equal aggression by accusing me out here of latching onto what I was accusing her of. Like I said above, if she's a wolf, then holy smokes we are witnessing the (hopefully) start of an amazing TWG career. As for TZP and Kaiveran, I could see it. But they haven't avoided each other as much as you have avoided... really everyone in general. And TZP's confrontationality also happened before Kaiveran started getting really involved, so naturally he wouldn't have a lot of suspicion on someone who isn't talking (aside from generic "this person is inactive, why" suspicion). At least, that's how I interpret it.

Not quoting, but A# Minor's suspicion post is great for a first timer. Couple of issues that aren't really consequential to this game, I'm happy to talk about them after the game ends though (although I imagine Kaiveran might have more to say with more experience).

Quote from: A# Minor on August 05, 2023, 06:04:57 PMAlso, what is LYLO?
I forget what it stands for, but it's like, "you mislynch, you lose"

Kinda distracted atm, making lasagna for a birthday dinner I'm hosting tomorrow. But there's where I stand. I'd like to hear Xiao's response to Kaiveran's most recent questions. I'll give wolf pairing candidates after that (although it may be tomorrow)

Ninja'd by TZP, thanks for checking in here and for ensuring you'll be around tomorrow!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Quote from: A# Minor on August 05, 2023, 05:40:42 PM1–Xiao: To be honest, I've had a bad feeling about him them since the beginning, and now everything seems to point towards him being a wolf.
can you elaborate on at least a few of these things? you didnt give a reason in your post

Quote from: Kaiveran on August 05, 2023, 06:51:27 PMNot saying that can't be telling off course . What exactly is scummy about Zelda's aggression do you think?
im not sure, just something about the upfront play style that seems a little off? maybe thats just how they play generally, i wouldnt know. singling in on olimar without a strong reason, for instance

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 05, 2023, 07:59:19 PMBut they haven't avoided each other as much as you have avoided... really everyone in general.
especially at the start there was very little going on, so i couldnt really say much i was confident in. all of these messages are also a little difficult to navigate so ive had a hard time making lengthy posts, but youll notice their length has only increased the longer the game has gone on

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 05, 2023, 07:59:19 PMIf she (A# Minor)'s a wolf and this is her first game ever and she's playing like that, I think we've stumbled upon a TWG prodigy, or at the very least, I've never seen something like that in my time of playing.
i dont see how this is so ground breaking, this would be exactly my game plan also if i was a wolf. her actions also in pms line up with how i would see myself behaving if i was a wolf. the fact that this is enough for you to almost lock-clear her makes both of you look suspicious, if anything.
warning others not to vote me also, if they both do

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 06, 2023, 03:51:11 AMim not sure, just something about the upfront play style that seems a little off? maybe thats just how they play generally, i wouldnt know. singling in on olimar without a strong reason, for instance
TZP wasn't the only one to go after Olimar. D1 lynch we all had very little go off of (you say yourself below). If an aggressive play style bothers you, then I do wonder about your previous experience with this game. Is it just with a single friend group? Because aggressive playstyles exist for both town and human. Also I like how you're using that aggression to say TZP is sus but then ignoring my aggression in favor of looking at how I view A# (which I cover below).

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 06, 2023, 03:51:11 AMespecially at the start there was very little going on, so i couldnt really say much i was confident in. all of these messages are also a little difficult to navigate so ive had a hard time making lengthy posts, but youll notice their length has only increased the longer the game has gone on
Same issue we had with Olimar, and even though he was town, he wasn't helping town's case by not talking. Same with you. Naturally, posts get longer as this game goes on but come on, any sort of effort would've been nice. How's about asking people questions? Why didn't you do any of that early on? That's useful for getting the conversation going. Only waiting for people to ask you questions, and then responding minimally to them isn't useful whatsoever.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 06, 2023, 03:51:11 AMi dont see how this is so ground breaking, this would be exactly my game plan also if i was a wolf. her actions also in pms line up with how i would see myself behaving if i was a wolf. the fact that this is enough for you to almost lock-clear her makes both of you look suspicious, if anything.
warning others not to vote me also, if they both do
When I played wolf for the first time, I hung toward the back and didn't interact much. I wanted to stay low to the ground. And you're telling me that your plan if this was your first game as a wolf, would be to engage from the beginning and even go into PMs and show effort throughout the game? Jeez, you must be some amazing wolf then. Oh wait
I'm not "lock-clearing" her, and in fact am still very heavily monitoring her posts and messages for any sort of slip up. But what I am saying is that you're being a heck of a lot more suspicious than she is, and this has been a consistent motif throughout the game. If this wasn't a LYLO situation, I would 100% be voting for you right now.
And to comment on that last sentence of yours:
"Warning others not to vote me also if Xiao and [???] do too"
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 06, 2023, 06:48:14 AMIf an aggressive play style bothers you, then I do wonder about your previous experience with this game. Is it just with a single friend group? Because aggressive playstyles exist for both town and human.
im just going to ignore these less than nice comments, they arent going to help anyone...

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 06, 2023, 06:48:14 AMAlso I like how you're using that aggression to say TZP is sus but then ignoring my aggression in favor of looking at how I view A# (which I cover below).
as is evident you yourself believe, playing aggressively is a valid strategy for both sides. so why would i bring it up if there are more compelling reasons to doubt you?

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 06, 2023, 06:48:14 AMSame issue we had with Olimar, and even though he was town, he wasn't helping town's case by not talking. Same with you.
Voting out me and olimar for our play styles isnt going to help either. the way i see things,is: if i have nothing useful to say, why say anything? what value does my hypothetical suspicion post bring if its not backed up with anything of substance? for the stuff i did say it was already asked i give more proof, something difficult to do if there isnt much to go off of.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 06, 2023, 06:48:14 AMWhen I played wolf for the first time, I hung toward the back and didn't interact much. I wanted to stay low to the ground. And you're telling me that your plan if this was your first game as a wolf, would be to engage from the beginning and even go into PMs and show effort throughout the game?
A# Minor has been chatty and active since before the game started as well, its hardly out of character to take a more heads on approach like this. especially since its clear that you arent fond of the quieter players...

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 06, 2023, 06:48:14 AMI'm not "lock-clearing" her, and in fact am still very heavily monitoring her posts and messages for any sort of slip up.
i didnt imply you did lock-clear her, but you do seem to trust her more than the other players and i dont share your confidence in this. nothing ive seen makes me feel like she couldnt be a wolf, but of course, that doesnt mean she has to be one either

XiaoMigros

also, id be interested to hear from you as to who you think my wolf partner would be, E Gadd...

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

Um, please ignore that. I'll be able to reply to some of this once I get something to eat
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

...??? Are you okay?

Anyway,
Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 06, 2023, 07:52:11 AMalso, id be interested to hear from you as to who you think my wolf partner would be, E Gadd...
I don't have a ton of time, so this will be all I can reply to until later today (11-12 hours from now :< )

I can see a wolf pairing with Kaiveran. You two have been avoiding each other quite deftly up until very recently (as in, they have also not engaged with you), compared to TZP who has generally tried to interact with you. A# would also be a good strategy, but I'm not sure I believe that one as strongly as the others.

There is only one key detail that makes me question Kaiveran's role, in that they PMd me at a time that it would not make sense for a wolf to PM me at (specifically, middle of N2), but in my mind that could go either way, as a wolf could easily reach out with the intent not to wolf that person, to get them thinking they're town.

Also
"im just going to ignore these less than nice comments, they arent going to help anyone..."
Apologies if my message came across that way; I wasn't intending for it to be taken as a personal attack. I had just woken up and wasn't really thinking about how my words could be received. For what it's worth, I was more hoping you would comment on your experience so to see if you would have been more likely to be exposed to an aggressive play style, but seeing as you now don't seem to have an issue with it, I'm wondering why you had issue with TZP's style. Unless you're just trying to find something to hang him for since there's not much else.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

It wasn't so much trying to hang him for something, but more that it kinda stood out from everyone else. in my mind playing aggressively doesnt make much sense to do at the beginning of the game.
As for my own experience, I've played irl countless times but there its much easier to pick up on social cues, theres more logic available than just pure text. thats probably why i havent been able to say that much, ive just felt like theres less to comment on than im used to otherwise.

and finally me and kaiveran, definitely the most obvious pairing with me. nothing i can say to denounce that really

A# Minor

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 06, 2023, 03:51:11 AMcan you elaborate on at least a few of these things? you didnt give a reason in your post
Well, to quote someone who can say it much better than I can:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 03, 2023, 03:42:46 PMthey're trying to stay super neutral by TIPTOEING like a wolfy, wolf-wolf!
This is exactly what you've been doing. Seems to me like you're trying your best to stay quiet to avoid slip-ups rather than just going "I don't see anything to comment on, so I'm not gonna say anything." (Although I'm glad to actually hear something from you now.) I'll post some more later if I remember something else, but I'll most likely be active later tonight too

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 06, 2023, 09:17:46 AMand finally me and kaiveran, definitely the most obvious pairing with me.
Very true indeed.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 06, 2023, 09:07:37 AM... ??? Are you okay?
I'm fine, but I'm not sure I could say the same for my phone. I left it on the nightstand to brush my teeth and I came back to that  :o
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

XiaoMigros

Quote from: A# Minor on August 06, 2023, 11:07:11 AMSeems to me like you're trying your best to stay quiet to avoid slip-ups rather than just going "I don't see anything to comment on, so I'm not gonna say anything."
Again, the few times I've commented on stuff it's been met with 'needs more info', 'please elaborate', etc. I already mentioned that for this reason, if I have nothing to say, that's what I'll do, say nothing.

Also, I don't see how not to be neutral until there are large enough signs someone might be a wolf? I don't like making baseless accusations, so, for the most part, I didn't. Sorry if that looks bad on me, but I don't see why it should.