News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - "The Fallen Land" by Libera

Started by Zeta, April 29, 2023, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Xeno
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Console: Wii
Title: The Fallen Land
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Latios212

Yay, glad to see this piece at last! I've been wanting to play some version of it for quite some time now since playing the game :D

Just skimming it's interesting to see where the variations differ. Like measure 9 is the only place to use Am instead of Adim.

Everything looks solid, just a few not-too-consequential notes to comment on.
- m. 12 LH beat 2.5: I think I hear an F# instead of A here? I think it'd be better to highlight the major third of the chord there anyway, it sounds a bit empty with only root and fifth in the first half of the measure.
- m. 21 RH beat 4: Is there a G underneath the C or is it just the chord implying it to my ears? Not sure I explicitly hear the A
- m. 23 LH beat 1.5/3.5: I hear the fifth of the chord instead of the root an octave up
- m. 33 LH beat 1.5: Eb instead of C?
- m. 35 LH beat 2: lower C instead of G?
- m. 43 LH beat 2: Eb instead of G?

Oh, and thoughts about moving the RH strings up in m. 20-28 to where they are in the original? It'd give the arrangement a bit more variety since the melody sticks around that range before and after anyway.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on May 08, 2023, 04:16:20 PM- m. 21 RH beat 4: Is there a G underneath the C or is it just the chord implying it to my ears? Not sure I explicitly hear the A I think it's just in thirds here because I hear the Bb -> A.
- m. 12 LH beat 2.5: I think I hear an F# instead of A here? I think it'd be better to highlight the major third of the chord there anyway, it sounds a bit empty with only root and fifth in the first half of the measure.
- m. 23 LH beat 1.5/3.5: I hear the fifth of the chord instead of the root an octave up
- m. 33 LH beat 1.5: Eb instead of C?
- m. 35 LH beat 2: lower C instead of G?
- m. 43 LH beat 2: Eb instead of G?

Oh, and thoughts about moving the RH strings up in m. 20-28 to where they are in the original? It'd give the arrangement a bit more variety since the melody sticks around that range before and after anyway.

All of the rest of the above look good.  Should be fixed now!

Thanks for checking!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Looks pretty good, a few minor note comments from me:

• m16 LH hearing this a bit differently

• m24 RH beat Bb should be a D
• m30 LH beat 4.5 I think this is an F (down 2 octaves from previous beat but might be better written as 1 down)
• m35 LH beat 4.0 sounds like an Eb, 4.5 Eb but down 1 octave
• m35 RH beat 4 the G almost sounds like an A is also there but I think it's better to keep the G as is as far as the progression goes
• m39 LH beat 4.5 Eb sounds more prominent to me

Libera

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 26, 2023, 09:09:35 PMLooks pretty good, a few minor note comments from me:

• m16 LH hearing this a bit differently Agreed aside from the F at the end is still there.
• m24 RH beat Bb should be a D I'm pretty sure the lower string line drops to the Bb, so I didn't change this.
• m30 LH beat 4.5 I think this is an F (down 2 octaves from previous beat but might be better written as 1 down) The bass plays that yes but I've been dropping the bass notes in favour of the piano throughout, and the piano plays the C there as written.
• m35 LH beat 4.0 sounds like an Eb, 4.5 Eb but down 1 octaveSame as above for the Eb on beat 4, but I agree with the change to Eb on beat 4.5.
• m35 RH beat 4 the G almost sounds like an A is also there but I think it's better to keep the G as is as far as the progression goes Maybe both are present but I think it sounds a bit more consistent with the G going into the next bar, so I left this as-is.
• m39 LH beat 4.5 Eb sounds more prominent to me Again I think both are present and I prefer the Bb over the Eb since it fits better with the surrounding patterns and avoids the triple Eb at the end of the bar.

Thanks for checking!  Files updated (by Latios since I have no access to finale at the moment.  Thanks Latios!)

Kricketune54

Reviewed your comments, I'm good with these choices/notes. Accepting, looking forward to practicing this one

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot