Console: Wii U
Title: World 3
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

• For the LH in m1, I hear a high B and A above what's already written. Also, do you think using octaved chords in the RH here is worth the difficulty it adds to the sheet? It's not unfeasible by any means but the first measure is noticeably harder to play than the rest of the sheet.
  • I think you should switch the 2 layers in m2, so the stems of the melody face upwards and align more with the rest
  • Do you think it's worth adding some harmony to the RH? Nothing overly complicated, but maybe adding some whole notes in another layer would work.Particularly from m10 onwards, that would help distinguish it from the previously played section, but both sections would work too

Latios212

Thanks for checking! :)

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 09, 2023, 01:58:42 PMFor the LH in m1, I hear a high B and A above what's already written. Also, do you think using octaved chords in the RH here is worth the difficulty it adds to the sheet? It's not unfeasible by any means but the first measure is noticeably harder to play than the rest of the sheet.
Hmm, it's a bit tricky to match the original exactly since there's a couple different voices in the same range but what I wrote it is still the best approximation I heard - just a different inversion than what you suggested? Also I did do a double take at the difficulty here but it's mainly the beat 3 chord that makes it awkward to change hand positions - I didn't find it too bad after trying a few times. I actually have more trouble trying to hit the left hand arpeggios correctly.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 09, 2023, 01:58:42 PM
  • I think you should switch the 2 layers in m2, so the stems of the melody face upwards and align more with the rest
I originally flipped the melody down so it'd be visually more apparent that it's the same as in m. 4, but it does look a bit odd. I also think it's better flipped up, so I've updated that!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 09, 2023, 01:58:42 PMDo you think it's worth adding some harmony to the RH? Nothing overly complicated, but maybe adding some whole notes in another layer would work.Particularly from m10 onwards, that would help distinguish it from the previously played section, but both sections would work too
I think I'd prefer to leave it out, since the harmony isn't super prevalent in the original - I'd rather focus on the two single voices. The left hand arpeggios already do a fine job outlining the chords. Also the second half of the piece goes in a different direction (starting in m. 11) anyway, so I don't think there's much of a need to try to differentiate it in terms of style.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on April 25, 2023, 04:32:23 PMI didn't find it too bad after trying a few times.
That's fair :p It's also at the beginning so it will be learned more quickly

Quote from: Latios212 on April 25, 2023, 04:32:23 PMI think I'd prefer to leave it out, since the harmony isn't super prevalent in the original - I'd rather focus on the two single voices. The left hand arpeggios already do a fine job outlining the chords. Also the second half of the piece goes in a different direction (starting in m. 11) anyway, so I don't think there's much of a need to try to differentiate it in terms of style.
Works for me as well!

Notes still look correct after a second check, so I'll leave my approval

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot