Series: Other
Game: Wonder Boy: Monster Land
Console: Arcade
Title: Dragon's Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

This game's title is not to be confused with Wonder Boy in Monster Land, the name of the Master System port. The Wikipedia page uses the new name, but Sega still acknowledges the original title in their recent re-release:

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Happy One Month, updaters! I've made a couple of adjustments to the sheet, nothing major:

- broke the slur in the RH between m. 14 and 15, as they are separate phrases (a comment from Latios on my other sub inspired this)
- added a courtesy flat to the E-flat in the RH of m. 14, similar to the one in m. 10

Slur placement feels mostly fine except in the last two bars, where I feel some of those notes need not be explicitly marked as connected.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Apologies for the wait!

First thing I want to ask is have you considered writing this in G# minor instead of Ab minor? You'd end up with a few double accidentals either way, so fewer accidentals in the keysig would make things a bit simpler at a glance.

Actually, besides that, I don't really have anything else to add. Notes look good and I'll hold off on any questions about the slurs/accidentals in case we change the keysig :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on May 08, 2023, 02:50:32 PMApologies for the wait!

No worries, I'm just glad someone took a look at it before the next update dropped.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 08, 2023, 02:50:32 PMFirst thing I want to ask is have you considered writing this in G# minor instead of Ab minor? You'd end up with a few double accidentals either way, so fewer accidentals in the keysig would make things a bit simpler at a glance.

Ahhh, my bad! I must've confused A-sharp minor as the enharmonic key somehow, thought they had the same number of accidentals in the keysig. In that case I'll gladly change it to G-sharp minor.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 08, 2023, 02:50:32 PMActually, besides that, I don't really have anything else to add. Notes look good and I'll hold off on any questions about the slurs/accidentals in case we change the keysig :P

Great to hear! Files are updated now.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

I note-checked this a few weeks ago and forgot to reply... Going over it again I, too, have nothing else to add. Congratulations!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by XiaoMigros.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot