Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Star Stacker
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: King Dedede
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Please ignore the title of the YouTube video; the title I've given my sheet is correct. Nope, there's no mistake here: the game commonly referred to as Kirby's Super Star Stacker by western fans is actually officially recognized as Kirby's Star Stacker for the Super Famicom.

Here's proof, found in a very recent Kirby release:
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

I left out the (SFC) distinction when submitting for this new game, because now we have console labels for each game on the site.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Kricketune54

Solid sheet, I think the LH works quite well in this simplification (not that it's not difficult lol). Not much to comment on

• RH m4 You could add the D underneath on beat 1.0 and the B on 1.5 as well (same applies for other two beats)
• RH m14 and m18 beat 1.25 I hear the G still instead of Ab

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 11, 2023, 02:00:21 PM- RH m4 You could add the D underneath on beat 1.0 and the B on 1.5 as well (same applies for other two beats)
- RH m14 and m18 beat 1.25 I hear the G still instead of Ab

- ah, this wasn't a conscious decision, but an erroneous omission, my bad. Fixed
- good catch, I've fixed that

Files have been updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Kricketune54

Radiak488417

For the composer info: I can't find anything saying that Ando arranged this, so I think it'd be better to just do "Composed by Jun Ishikawa and Hirokazu Ando" (even though I'm 90% sure this is just Ishikawa)

-I'm hearing m1-2 RH beat 2 and m3 RH beat 1 as a dotted 8th + 16th instead of triplets. The same goes for m25-27.
-m21 and m23 RH beat 4.333333 should be Ans instead of Bbs

Everything else looks great, glad to see a new Kirby game get added to the site!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Radiak488417 on April 17, 2023, 11:04:36 PM- For the composer info: I can't find anything saying that Ando arranged this, so I think it'd be better to just do "Composed by Jun Ishikawa and Hirokazu Ando" (even though I'm 90% sure this is just Ishikawa)
-I'm hearing m1-2 RH beat 2 and m3 RH beat 1 as a dotted 8th + 16th instead of triplets. The same goes for m25-27.
-m21 and m23 RH beat 4.333333 should be Ans instead of Bbs

- okay, I'll credit them both for the composition, then
- ooh, nice catch, that was real easy to miss
- gah, that was such a dumb mistake, must've been leftover from the 2017 draft. Fixed

Quote from: Radiak488417 on April 17, 2023, 11:04:36 PMEverything else looks great, glad to see a new Kirby game get added to the site!

Thanks, I've been working hard to make sure every Kirby game in the franchise gets represented. By the time I submit my sheet for the Kirby Slide e-Reader game, every title up through Return to Dream Land will be covered on the site.

Radiak488417

Looks like you forgot to change m3 and m27 beat 1 to a dotted 8th + 16th, unless you disagree about those spots?

LeviR.star

Quote from: Radiak488417 on April 18, 2023, 06:41:02 PMLooks like you forgot to change m3 and m27 beat 1 to a dotted 8th + 16th, unless you disagree about those spots?

My mistake, fixed it now.

Latios212

Being of course very well acquainted with the original, listening to this makes me feel like I'm having a stroke...

Nice sheet, just a few small things to mention!
- Do you want to have a softer dynamic for the opening?
- You can end the 8va in m. 3 at the note. It's not a huge deal, but particularly in this scenario, seeing it drag on all the way to the end of the system can mistakenly imply it continues to the next.
- I think the triplets in m. 6 and 10 should actually be 32nds + 16th. Similar to what the original piece does, the D is kind of just slid in there without changing the timing of the C. (It's far more apparent when slowed down, as at full speed it basically sounds the same)
- The slur marking in m. 12 would be best broken up to signify that the last three 16th notes are part of a different phrase leading into the next measure.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 25, 2023, 04:11:01 PMBeing of course very well acquainted with the original, listening to this makes me feel like I'm having a stroke...

This Dedede theme walked so that Masked Dedede could run

Quote from: Latios212 on April 25, 2023, 04:11:01 PM- Do you want to have a softer dynamic for the opening?
- You can end the 8va in m. 3 at the note. It's not a huge deal, but particularly in this scenario, seeing it drag on all the way to the end of the system can mistakenly imply it continues to the next.
- I think the triplets in m. 6 and 10 should actually be 32nds + 16th. Similar to what the original piece does, the D is kind of just slid in there without changing the timing of the C. (It's far more apparent when slowed down, as at full speed it basically sounds the same)
- The slur marking in m. 12 would be best broken up to signify that the last three 16th notes are part of a different phrase leading into the next measure.

- you're right, thank you for pointing that out. I'll change it to mezzo-piano
- I never know what to do with 8vas on sustained notes. Thank you for correcting that
- good ear, I'll make that fix
- ooh, yeah, to mirror m. 8 as well, good point. That hadn't occurred to me

Thanks for the feedback, Latios, the files have been updated.

Latios212

You're welcome! All looks well now, so...

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot