Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Main Menu
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Not a very ambitious sheet, I know. And it's not that I especially needed help re-writing this eyesore from way back, I just think this game should be brought back to the Kirby section. Not sure if F-sharp major is correct, since there wasn't a whole lot of context to go off of, but it felt acceptable. And if I were to guess, Tadashi Ikegami was likely the one who did all the arranging and composing, and the other two were only credited for their original works. But then again, we can never know for certain, can we?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Kricketune54

Ah so this is one of the rare original songs in Nightmare in Dream Land lol

- F# major seems correct to me - doing Gb major only adds a Fb/En accidental in a couple places but probably better to illustrate the F# major key transition into E# major rather than Gb major into Fb major.
- The tempo could be lowered, and the systems could go a little higher on the page
- Switch the order of Nintendo and HAL Laboratory in the credits

QuoteI were to guess, Tadashi Ikegami was likely the one who did all the arranging and composing, and the other two were only credited for their original works. But then again, we can never know for certain, can we?
I tried looking in the credits, found this funny
Spoiler
[close]

Though I would suspect you are correct with your presumption of Jun Ishikawa or Hirokazu Ando getting credit for their original tracks, they were credited along with Tadashi Ikegami for sound so just leave all three.

Any thoughts on the LH difficulty? I think you've made smart simplifications with LH part but it is a little challenging with some of the jumps particularly beats 3 and 4 of each measure.

Other than that, notes are perfect. Nice job!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 26, 2022, 08:26:51 AM- The tempo could be lowered, and the systems could go a little higher on the page
- Switch the order of Nintendo and HAL Laboratory in the credits
- I tried looking in the credits, found this funny
Spoiler
[close]
Though I would suspect you are correct with your presumption of Jun Ishikawa or Hirokazu Ando getting credit for their original tracks, they were credited along with Tadashi Ikegami for sound so just leave all three.
- Any thoughts on the LH difficulty? I think you've made smart simplifications with LH part but it is a little challenging with some of the jumps particularly beats 3 and 4 of each measure.

- sure, I'll make some adjustments there
- mmm, I don't think that's right. Doesn't the publisher get listed first, then the developer(s)?
- :o ack, what. Maybe he just supervised the sound department? I have no idea how that would've worked, but sure, I'll keep the three I have listed
- I had my concerns about that as well. At one point I removed all the dyads, but then it sounded too empty. Then I left dyads only on beats 2 and 3:

You cannot view this attachment.

... but it still sounds too empty. Yeah, no idea what to do here.

Files are fixed. Thanks for taking a look, Kricketune.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 26, 2022, 04:00:23 PM- mmm, I don't think that's right. Doesn't the publisher get listed first, then the developer(s)?
I have always done developer then publisher, and that's mostly what I've seen elsewhere too..

As for the LH figure, I like what you've come up with too! One idea I had if you want to simplify it even further would be to avoid having the same notes struck consecutively, as shown below. Helped me avoid slightly more annoying hand positions, but that might just be my playing style..
Spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on December 26, 2022, 04:59:32 PMI have always done developer then publisher, and that's mostly what I've seen elsewhere too..

If by "mostly" you mean that it hasn't been consistent across our site's recent sheets, then it must not be as important as we thought. My hunch is that if there is a written rule about this somewhere, it hasn't ever been enforced by the updating staff, because I've been doing it this way for years and no one has said a thing about it.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on December 26, 2022, 04:59:32 PMAs for the LH figure, I like what you've come up with too! One idea I had if you want to simplify it even further would be to avoid having the same notes struck consecutively, as shown below. Helped me avoid slightly more annoying hand positions, but that might just be my playing style..
Spoiler
[close]

Hey, I actually like this idea a lot. The idea of altering the offbeats so there would be less note repetition had crossed my mind at one point, but I was worried that it would stray too far from the original material. Now that I listen to it, I think it's a perfect idea, one that not only sounds better, but plays better as well. Thank you for drawing up this example, I think I'll use it. Files updated again.

Bloop

This looks pretty good ^^ Just a few small things:
-m2: I hear a (low) F# on beat 4.5 in the L.H., though you might wanna keep it high for playability.
-There are bass notes on beat 2.5 in each bar, maybe you could consider replacing the ones currently there for the root note? It's still playable, but slightly harder

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on December 30, 2022, 12:11:33 PM-m2: I hear a (low) F# on beat 4.5 in the L.H., though you might wanna keep it high for playability.
-There are bass notes on beat 2.5 in each bar, maybe you could consider replacing the ones currently there for the root note? It's still playable, but slightly harder

- yeah I didn't think that it would be reachable at this tempo, thanks for bringing that up though
- with your permission, I'll gladly change it to the root note. Harder for sure, but if you say it's playable then it's good with me

Files are updated.

Bloop

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 06, 2023, 05:29:00 PM- yeah I didn't think that it would be reachable at this tempo, thanks for bringing that up though
You could also make it an F# above the C# you have now, but either way works ^^ I'll approve!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on January 11, 2023, 05:21:55 AMYou could also make it an F# above the C# you have now, but either way works ^^

Out of personal preference I think I'll keep it out, but thanks anyway for giving this sheet a look-over!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot