News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

looking for a solo

Started by naruto324, September 01, 2008, 06:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naruto324

I'm looking for a Nintendo SOLO piece, one part only, to play on marimba. Any suggestions?
I have tried other pieces, but they sound incomplete if I only play one part.

MetroidHunter26

Try GameMusicWorld.net! We have one Marimba piece though it's not complete :\ but if you go there this is one guy Nacho who may be able to help you!

Dekudude

Any Mario overworld piece would suffice-- just don't play the bass, and you're all set!

KefkaticFanatic

Any song will sound incomplete without the bass, but if you can find one where the melody is mostly dominant then it would sound the best (Mario overworld is a great example as Dekudude stated.)

me irl
[close]

mantis985

Can you play 4-mallet? Then you can play the bass.  I'll need a vibraphone solo in the near future........I'll probably play Chemical Plant from Sonic 2

naruto324

I can
play 3-mallet on a good day.
And I have played the Overworld Mario theme before, but ti still doesn't sound the same without the bass.

naruto324

I guess specifically I need help with taking any musical Nintendo piece and converting it into a marimba part.

Dekudude

Quote from: naruto324 on September 04, 2008, 07:14:33 PMI can
play 3-mallet on a good day.
And I have played the Overworld Mario theme before, but ti still doesn't sound the same without the bass.

If you can do 3 mallets, play Mario. :P One for the bass, two for the melody.

iDOWN

If you're looking for a slower song for 3-mallets, Dire, Dire Docks and Piranha Plant Lullaby sound really nice on the vibraphone. It could work on a marimba as well. I know what I'm talking about. I can play 4-mallet, and some 6-mallet. :P

If you're looking for a faster song, songs that were origanally 8-bit songs would be the easiest to grasp.