Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man X
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Storm Eagle Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Oh boi Mega Man Replacement time
Some notes: For m5 and m9, I filled in the B chord because it felt very off with the other measures having filled in chords but that one just being Bs. I also added octaves in some measures as it is doubled in two Channels and I wanted to reflect that driving force this song has. If these changes are no beuno just lemme know!

Also will correct any shifting with the dang mf and DC after feedback

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Hi yes, I believe the title should be changed to "Storm Eagle Stage".
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Fantastic Ike

A Mega Man sheet arranged by someone who isn't Levi? Blasphemy

LeviR.star

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on April 15, 2022, 06:05:31 AMA Mega Man sheet arranged by someone who isn't Levi? Blasphemy

::) Crazy, I know, but Mega Man X is not my forte; of my 124 sheets from the entire franchise, 121 of them are from the "classic" series.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Great sheet here, just some details to go over:
  • m1-4 RH: For consistency/readability, the held notes in the RH should match those in the LH. I'd make the RH notes longer rather than the LH ones shorter.
  • m1-4 LH: I think adding the harmony to the LH (F# and E below the upper notes - matching the RH) would give the opening some more power.
  • Dynamics! Honestly, I'd probably make this forte all the way though, maybe go to fortissimo at m13, then decrescendo in m22 to loop back around.
  • m13/17 RH: I think writing the lower layer like this would make this measure easier to play, but also not get in the way of the melody as much:

It mainly avoids the 9th interval you had on beat 3, which is really uncomfortable to play at this tempo, especially when it's in the middle of an 8th note run like this.
  • m19-22 LH: Like in m1-4 LH, you could add the lower harmonies underneath those upper notes.
  • m21 RH: To avoid RH/LH collisions, I'd recommend removing the lower octaves here.
  • m21 LH beat 4.5: For the same reasons as above, I would consider removing the top A here.
  • There should be 4 additional measures at the end, and the repeat should loop back to m5 instead of m1. It sounds like it loops back to the top, but if you listen, the bass and drums are added there (the intro is just guitar). For the extra measures, you can use the same LH pattern as m19-22, with the same RH part as m1-4.

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Static

All looks good to me, although I'd still consider removing the lower RH notes in m21 beats 1/3 so the hands don't have to intersect. It's definitely possible to play though as is.

Before I approve, I have a few extra formatting details:
  • Tempo marking and the music below it should be separated a little more; do this by moving the systems down instead of the tempo marking up. You can move the systems on page 1 closer together, then move all of them down.
  • The systems on page 2 should be evenly spaced
  • m2/4/24/25 RH: These notes should be the same length, but the length should be in-between: a half note tied to an 8th note. This lines up with the bassline as well.

Atcero

Spoiler
[close]

Static

LeviR.star

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 14, 2022, 04:15:05 PMHi yes, I believe the title should be changed to "Storm Eagle Stage".

You cannot view this attachment.

Found some valuable info here. This is how stage themes are titled in the Mega Man X Legacy Collection music player (ignore the Launch Octopus goof).

Bloop

-For the L.H. figure in m5-18, I think it might play a bit more comfortable and possibly sound a bit cleaner to delete the top notes (except for the snare hits on beats 2 and 4, so single-single-dyad-single). It gives some more emphasis on the bass note harmonically, and gives more oomph to the snare hits, since they'll sound fuller than the bass notes.
-In m5-12 and 19-21, is there a specific reason you added some octaves in the R.H. melody? I don't really hear them in the original, and leaving them out also makes the melody a bit easier to play (especially in m21 where it kinda gets in the way in of the L.H.)
-m16: I hear D as the bass note in the first half of the bar (the dyad on beat 2 can then be the A and D above that)

Atcero

The original has the two basses kinda intertwining, or the bass and rhythm guitar. I feel like taking out the top one removes some of the jam the OG song has.

I also did mention the octaves in my original post
QuoteI also added octaves in some measures as it is doubled in two Channels and I wanted to reflect that driving force this song has.

I moved down the D! I think I moved it up due to the drop but I moved it back down.

Thank ya!

Spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Ahh alright, makes sense then. I think I looked over the octave part, sorry about that! The files haven't been updated yet, though. Just to be sure, I hear m16 L.H. beat 1-2 like this:
You cannot view this attachment.

Atcero

Whoops, glad you sent what you were thinking because I did have something a bit different :kekdog:

I also did change the file to "Storm Eagle Stage" as that does seem the most appropriate naming convention if that is fine, would just need someone to update the name here.

Thank you so much!

Spoiler
[close]