[GB] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - "Christine's House" by Cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, April 04, 2022, 06:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Console: Game Boy
Title: Christine's House
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

Kricketune54

Christine is a name I would not expect to hear in the same sentence as Zelda lol.  Like I'd expect that to have been like a Wand of Gamalon character name or something

- Maybe it's OCD on my part, but I don't think it'd hurt to move the system down a bit unless you like how the tempo is lined up to your name haha
- On subject of tempo, perhaps just put Swing! in front of the tempo mark, and hide the actual swing effect from view.  I don't believe the tempo marker is usually put above the text like that
- If beat 3 RH is going to have a tenuto mark, it probably wouldn't hurt to put them on beat 2.5 and 3.5 in m4 RH as those pitches do sound a bit longer.
- Another potential OCD thing the D.C kind of looks low next to the tail end of the 8va so perhaps line the letters up with the 8va

Otherwise notes look good!

XiaoMigros

Hey, I just arranged this recently...

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 04, 2022, 09:36:13 AM- On subject of tempo, perhaps just put Swing! in front of the tempo mark, and hide the actual swing effect from view.  I don't believe the tempo marker is usually put above the text like that
I'm pretty sure both are acceptable, though putting them all in one line might be more optically pleasing (when I do this, I separate them with a comma). It's also perfectly fine to have both the "Swing!" text as well as the triplet explanation, though only one of the two would be required. Up to you to decide!

Aside from that Kricketune said just about everything I would have said. I think adding those tenuto markings in m4 is important, as the notes do sound a bit longer than the other, non-tenuto ones.

cashwarrior1

LeviR.star

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 05, 2022, 05:40:39 AMMaybe you could arrange the remake version 🤔

Or Xiao could arrange Dr. Write's theme from SimCity on SNES, the song this melody is actually from.

God, this four-bar loop is so aggravating to me for some reason. I feel like it wants to resolve so badly.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

The notes look good.  I think the 8va could start a little more to the left, but more importantly it should end after the Eb in bar 4, not just before the rest on beat 4.

Also, the copyright/url isn't properly aligned the bottom margin.

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 05, 2022, 05:45:09 AMGod, this four-bar loop is so aggravating to me for some reason. I feel like it wants to resolve so badly.

Yeah this is pretty annoying haha.

Libera

I guess this is not super important, but I feel like using a standard repeat marking would make more sense than a D.C. for a one line sheet.  Sorry for not mentioning earlier.

LeviR.star

I hadn't even noticed that. What's the point of having a D.C. for a sheet without any repeated sections in-between?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

It can help prevent the reader from incorrectly looking for a forward repeat marking.  If the sheet is one or two pages long, I think a standard repeat marking is better.

LeviR.star

Sure, for sight-reading that's helpful, but shouldn't the performer know after the first or second time through how the repeats are set up?

That's an interesting discussion I'd like to have sometime, to decide how much should be expected of us arrangers to prepare performers.

cashwarrior1

Me when I start questioning my choice of D.C. instead of a repeat 😫

Updated.

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 17, 2022, 01:31:47 PMSure, for sight-reading that's helpful, but shouldn't the performer know after the first or second time through how the repeats are set up?

It is no effort at all, so I don't see why not to do it.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 18, 2022, 06:07:07 AMMe when I start questioning my choice of D.C. instead of a repeat 😫

Updated.

Cool.  Accepted.