Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Niagara Falls
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

XiaoMigros

• It doesn't look like it's worth changing the key signature, if anything it would be 3 flats but I dont think it's needed here.
  • You have a lot of space at the bottom of the page, to get rid of it either change the system spacing or have two measures in each system rather than a mix of 2 and 3.

NineLives

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 01, 2022, 02:15:32 PM
  • It doesn't look like it's worth changing the key signature, if anything it would be 3 flats but I dont think it's needed here.
I think the key change is necessary given the influx of flats during that section compared to the first half. I also don't see the point of 3 flats when there aren't any A flats in the song aside from the one in measure 4.
I will change the sheet to have 2 measures per system though.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: NineLives on April 03, 2022, 01:54:16 PMI think the key change is necessary given the influx of flats during that section compared to the first half.
Here I don't think it's worth changing the key signature, it only affects 4 (or 5) measures, and changing it to accomodate the Eb section will result in the F section having more natural signs.

Quote from: NineLives on April 03, 2022, 01:54:16 PMI also don't see the point of 3 flats when there aren't any A flats in the song aside from the one in measure 4.
This section is centered around Eb in a major key, thus one would add 3 flats to the key signature.

Personally I'm against changing the key here but I'll wait and see what an updater has to say about this.

Latios212

With shorter pieces like this, sometimes I feel like it's okay to change the key signature for a change in tonality because a few measures is like... a half, or a third of the piece. Green Greens as an example.

That said, I agree with everything XiaoMigros said above. If we're changing keys here it should be to Eb major as in measure 6. But the F major chord in m. 8/9 means it isn't stable in Eb major either because it steps outside the key there. The G major chord in the last measure also cancels out the flats. So I don't think we should change the key signature here - it's probably best in C major the whole way through.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Bloop

Didn't comment on this before but I don't have anything to add, so here's an approval!
You cannot view this attachment.

Static

Everything looks pretty much perfect, but I do hear a noticeable rest in the melody at the end of m2. Maybe use an 8th note + 8th rest instead of a quarter note there.

Also, Make Software developed this game, so they should be added to the copyright info.

NineLives

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot