Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fantastic Ike

I know my Battlefront sheet is a doozy to go over, so here's something nice and simple:

LeviR.star

Whoa, I hadn't even noticed we didn't have this one on-site yet. Thanks for doing it!

also here's the pixel remaster version because it sounds nice
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Fantastic Ike

Haha you're welcome. I realized I'm sitting on a lot of Final Fantasy sheets so I figured it'd be best to actually submit some

XiaoMigros

Looks good! A solid and playable sheet :) Perhaps I should consider submitting some of the Final Fantasy stuff I've done...

Here's some things I found:
  • I'd go over the cross-staffing you have written, some parts don't seem easily playable (m. 1 b. 4.5 and m. 2 b. 1 for instance). I think a good portion of that layer would be easier to play in the left hand, since the bass in the first 4 measures is long, sustained notes.
  • Your slurring seems to be somewhat inconsistent, I'd either try to make it more regular or leave it out altogether.
  • I think all the staccato markings in m. 4 would look better on the stem side than on the note side.
  • Also about your staccato markings in general: The dots on the stem side should be centered around the stem rather than the notehead.
  • Your system spacing could do with a bit of work; provided you're using the MuseScore converter an updater or I could fix that for you (though I'd recommend going over the other changes first).

Fantastic Ike

XiaoMigros

This looks much better! I'd move the staccato on m. 2 b. 4 further inwards, and m. 3 could do with another look at (the RH layer's markings are still centered around the notehead). There's now an extra staccato on the half note on b. 1, and and b. 1 and 1.5 in the middle layer seem to have played up again. Do you want me to sort out the system spacing for you?

Latios212

Quote from: XiaoMigros on March 31, 2022, 11:26:47 AMAlso about your staccato markings in general: The dots on the stem side should be centered around the stem rather than the notehead.
I don't agree with this in general (see this topic), but have no objections with doing so for this sheet if you guys prefer it that way.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

QuoteDo you want me to sort out the system spacing for you?

Might be a good idea, considering I'm not 100% sure what needs to be fixed.

QuoteI don't agree with this in general (see this topic), but have no objections with doing so for this sheet if you guys prefer it that way.

And I've got no preferences myself, might be best to stick with the majority of sheets though.

XiaoMigros

QuoteMight be a good idea, considering I'm not 100% sure what needs to be fixed.

Sure thing! I can explain (with pictures) what I'm gonna change if you think that would help you in the future, or I can just send an edited .mus file. Which would you prefer?

Fantastic Ike

XiaoMigros

..Aand here it is (assuming the link works). I changed the margins between systems to leave less space at the bottom of the page (which makes the sheet look less clustered).

One other thing I noticed: Some staves look much wider than I feel they could be, even with the cross-staffing going on I think they could be condensed a little. I'm not sure Notepad can do that, so if you need any help then I'll try my best :)

Quote from: Latios212 on April 01, 2022, 09:14:12 AMI don't agree with this in general (see this topic), but have no objections with doing so for this sheet if you guys prefer it that way.
Interesting, because I completely agree with all the points made. For some reason I just find placing them stem-centered more visually appealing, but maybe that's just because it's what I'm most used to.

Fantastic Ike

Okay, fixed that. Tried to center articulations around noteheads as well.

XiaoMigros

Two of the staccatos seem to be out of place (again, again). I think m. 2 b. 4 and m. 3 b. 1.5 were flipped to the stem side. Also, on b. 3 in m. 3 there's a marking missing.

Fantastic Ike

Okay, I think it should be good now. Some of the articulations flipped back on me when I wasn't looking haha

I kind of had to jerry rig one of the staccatos to fit with the others, but it affects MUS playback a little. Shouldn't be a big deal though.