[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Armogohma Battle (First Half)" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, March 31, 2022, 02:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Armogohma Battle (First Half)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

sorry arachnophobes

For m21-24, I took a bit of liberty with the string arpeggios so they're a bit more straightforward and pianistic.
Official track lists this as "Boss Battle #6 (First Half)", but I use "[Boss Name] Battle ([First/Second] Half)" for these boss themes for clarity and better findability.

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on March 31, 2022, 03:08:02 AMFor m21-24, I took a bit of liberty with the string arpeggios so they're a bit more straightforward and pianistic.
Official track lists this as "Boss Battle #6 (First Half)", but I use "[Boss Name] Battle ([First/Second] Half)" for these boss themes for clarity and better findability.
Makes sense :)

Bunch of small things, overall looks great:
- m. 3: the upper octave notes start on beat 2 (earlier than beat 3)
- The three-note chords in m. 13/15 sound suuuper muddy...
- I think the right hand chords in m. 20 could include the lower octave note too
- The last note of m. 20 should be G instead of G# (although this would be close to the G strike in the left hand?)
- I feel like stylistically the last RH figure in m. 21 should be symmetric? i.e. start with G# C E instead of the low E (which also makes the apex hard to play). I do hear m. 22 beat 3 as you wrote it though
- m. 27-28 - how about including the fifth in all these sus4 chords?
- The D.S. could be poked a teeny bit up and right
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on April 10, 2022, 02:54:36 PM- The three-note chords in m. 13/15 sound suuuper muddy...
That's true, but I didn't really know how to incorporate the extra bass choir line in a different way. I deleted the lower note of the three note chords, does this work better?

Quote from: Latios212 on April 10, 2022, 02:54:36 PM- I think the right hand chords in m. 20 could include the lower octave note too
Yup! I also noticed I was missing some minor seconds in m17-18, so I added those in too.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 10, 2022, 02:54:36 PM- The last note of m. 20 should be G instead of G# (although this would be close to the G strike in the left hand?)
The l.h. plays staccato so there should be enough time to restrike the G (depending on how weighty your piano is :p), so fixed!

Quote from: Latios212 on April 10, 2022, 02:54:36 PM- m. 27-28 - how about including the fifth in all these sus4 chords?
I wonder how I didn't here these in the original at first lol, added them in!

Fixed all other things too!

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on April 10, 2022, 02:54:36 PM- The three-note chords in m. 13/15 sound suuuper muddy...
Quote from: Bloop on April 11, 2022, 05:07:29 AMThat's true, but I didn't really know how to incorporate the extra bass choir line in a different way. I deleted the lower note of the three note chords, does this work better?
Yeah, I think that works nicely!

Everything else looks good, so approved :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

This looks great.  Some small comments:

-It's kind of muddy but I hear the F# -> G in bar 20 (left hand on the second system) as Gn -> G#.
-Just a suggestion, but have you considered not doing octaves in the left hand of bar 29-30, so that you can emulate the choir coming in at bar 31 by adding the octave in?  I know the strings are in octaves as well, but it might be nice to get that distinction.
-Please show mercy on the inner ties in 13-15.  They are only very small, and cannot fend for themselves.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on April 17, 2022, 12:55:27 PM-Just a suggestion, but have you considered not doing octaves in the left hand of bar 29-30, so that you can emulate the choir coming in at bar 31 by adding the octave in?  I know the strings are in octaves as well, but it might be nice to get that distinction.
I think I prefer keeping it in octaves, because the original seems to build up there, but dropping either the top or bottom note feels more like a drop-out.

Fixed the other two things though! The ties have grown up to be strong adult ties now :D

Libera

Zeta