Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Wii
Title: Interlude
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

XiaoMigros

Thought I'd replace this since it's currently one of the most.. questionable sheets in the Super Mario Galaxy section.
The official OST release titles the track "Interlude", so changing its name would be appreciated :)

Bloop

Kricketune54

This one is pretty straightforward haha, and definitely a good replacement looking at the original.  Also kinda weird never occurred to me that the response section of this doesn't play twice in the loop

- I don't think it'd hurt to move the mp a little to the left to center under the first C
- First system could also move down a little bit given the respective heights of the tempo mark and the "arranged by" text
- On beat 2 of that m1 line I do hear a high F sort of slink on beat 3 in in response to the chords on beat 1 - thoughts on including this? Pictured (sorry do not have finale access atm lol)

Spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 04, 2022, 06:52:22 AM- On beat 2 of that m1 line I do hear a high F sort of slink on beat 3 in in response to the chords on beat 1 - thoughts on including this?
Yeah I heard this, but thought it would be better to stick to the main melody line, giving the sheet a looser feel. Adding it would be a feasible option too, but personally I'd rather not.

As for the other stuff you brought up: I like those changes, will make them when I find the time to open Finale :) Thanks!

Bloop

Yeah this looks pretty good ^^ The only thing I can comment about is the "senza sordino" marking, which isn't a marking I've seen beforein piano music. I had to look up what it means in a piano context, and it seems just mean "with pedal" ("without damping" to be exact). Was that what you meant with it? If so, it's probably better to just write "with pedal", or "con pedale"/"con ped." if you wanna feel Italian :p

XiaoMigros

I've used and seen Senza Sordino used as a marking to indicate a pedal held throughout the entire piece, no releases. If it's too unclear I could change it.

Bloop

Ahh I see, in that case I'd put something like "hold pedal throughout". It is a bit more google-able than I thought, but I think just a clear description of what to do saves the player some time and confusion ^^

Bloop

Latios212

Only small comment I have is the positioning of the beginning of the 8vas - it could be poked slightly left in the first system to be more centered above the eighth note, and poked slightly right on the second system.

Everything's good though :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot