News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[N64] GoldenEye 007 - "Egyptian" (Replacement) by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, March 12, 2022, 02:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: GoldenEye 007
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Egyptian
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Submitted for Nine Lives for the replacement initiative. I know the sheet title says "Egyptian Temple", but I'll have to re-research the track titles again, since there's not a clear source for the tracklist. I think previous GoldenEye replacements had the simpler one-word title. Anyway, I'll get back to that ^^

NineLives

In the mission menu, it's marked "Egyptian," but when you open up the mission, it calls the level an "Egyptian Temple." That was my reasoning.

Static

• m17/21/49/53: All of these mordents sound like they go up to D#. In m21/53, it's technically implied that's already the case, but to eliminate any confusion I'd put a small sharp sign above each mordent. I'll walk you though the easiest method to do this, since it's pretty unintuitive:
    • Select the Articulation Tool, and in the Articulation Selection menu, click "Create..." at the bottom lefthand side. This will open the Articulation Designer
    • In the Articulation Designer, under Symbols, click "Main..." and select the small sharp symbol - not the normal-sized one (in my version of Finale 2014, this is listed as #73, it may be different for you). Do the same thing for "Flipped...". You do not need to do anything else in this menu, so click OK at the bottom.
    • Then, select the new articulation you made from the Articulation Selection menu and place it above the mordent, making manual adjustments as necessary. The playback should work automatically, but if it doesn't, let me know and I can take care of it for you.
  • m43-46: Maybe include the RH part from m3-14
  • m64/68 LH: This is technically correct but I think the tie would look better flipped up here.
  • m68-70 RH beat 1: I think I'm hearing these quarter notes as C instead of B, although it's pretty tough to hear clearly.

That's all I got in terms of accuracy and formatting stuff, but I do have a few suggestions for the bass pattern used throughout this piece. You could incorporate some extra rhythm (particularly from the kick drum) and move it an octave down for a more bass-heavy, percussive feel like in the original. Here's something I came up with, feel free to use it or not:

If you'd rather leave things as they are, that's OK too, but I figured I'd give you some other ideas.

NineLives

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 01:40:57 PM
  • m68-70 RH beat 1: I think I'm hearing these quarter notes as C instead of B, although it's pretty tough to hear clearly.
Now that I listen to it again, I think they're actually A sharps. Everything else has been updated and I think I'll stick to my current bass stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Static

Bloop

-About the name again: I believe the shortened mission names (Egyptian, Train, Facility, etc) are the names most players use to refer to the missions, so I'm assuming these are the names most people will look up if they are interested in the sheet music. The two previous replacements (my "Train" and Sebastian's "Facility") have longer location names too ("Converted Missile Train" and "Chemical Warfare Facility").
-The mordents Static mentioned actually do sound like they go the Dn instead to me :p However, for m21 and 53, you could still use your newly acquired altered mordent knowledge to add a natural sign instead, so the player won't assume it is a D# in those bars. Also, in these same bars, I think you can add the lower octave to these mordents too, as they don't get much in the way when playing the mordent (the difficulty lies in playing the octave afterwards instead)
-m30 and 34: I hear the An on beat 4 on beat 4.5 instead.
-m68-70: I actually don't really hear the A#'s on beat 1 at all, I just hear a quarter rest :p Are you sure it's part of the woodwind melody?
-m70: The L.H. is different on the second repeat, it plays E# instead (as a long growling note and in the bass pattern). I'd write the long note an octave below the bass pattern, so it resolves nicely to the F# back in m3.

NineLives

Quote from: Bloop on March 29, 2022, 07:22:49 AM-m30 and 34: I hear the An on beat 4 on beat 4.5 instead.
I definitely hear the strings hit it on beat 4 myself.
Everything else has been updated accordingly.

Bloop

At the ending, I actually meant the second time around like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
The low grumbly noise changed to E# too in the last bar, and writing it like this leads nicely to the F# octave in m3. Also, it might look a bit cleaner to just write this part out without repeats, since the first and second ending seem a bit needlessly complicated now to save just one staff of space.

Quote from: NineLives on March 29, 2022, 09:53:55 AMI definitely hear the strings hit it on beat 4 myself.
Oh yeah you're right! Weird how I didn't notice that when I listened to it slowed down.

NineLives

Think I got it now. If I missed a detail again, just let me know.

Bloop

Loosk good, accepted! Glad to get more Goldeneye replacements up ^^
You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot