News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "The Sword Descends and the Stars Scatter" (Repl

Started by Zeta, March 02, 2022, 02:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: The Sword Descends and the Stars Scatter
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Part of the replacement initiative. The original title on site was "Logo Intro", but I changed it to this (from here), because this is the song that the sheet is based on. For some reason, the first staff in the one on site has a part of "In the Flower Garden", which is the intro song, but I don't know what it's doing there :p.

Kricketune54

Mr. Ear E. Us

Formatting
- move the quarter = 100 tempo mark down a little and to the left so it is centered over that first notehead it applies to as well as being in line with the poco rit.
- The tail ends of m1 and m2 are pretty scrunched, given there's a whole note in the LH and thus no notes to really line up with, I'd suggest moving beat 4 at least a bit to the right
-Square seems to sometimes be put in the credits given their role in the game's development

Notes
- There is no separation between the LH pickup pitches and m1 so I would just tie them together
- On those same notes as well as m2, what was the reason to put them up an octave?  Given there's not any issue with shared pitches or anything I guess it's not a big deal and I can see how it makes m3 hit a little harder
- The top notes of the RH for m1-2 are up a half step higher than they should be, I hear D#, D, C# and then E, Eb, D

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 16, 2022, 05:49:08 PM- There is no separation between the LH pickup pitches and m1 so I would just tie them together
That's true, but there is a crescendo between the two, which I can't really convey with a tied note :p I was doubting whether to put a crescendo mark or not, because it's bit unnecessary for one half note, so I just went with the two dynamic markings instead.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 16, 2022, 05:49:08 PM- On those same notes as well as m2, what was the reason to put them up an octave?  Given there's not any issue with shared pitches or anything I guess it's not a big deal and I can see how it makes m3 hit a little harder
no idea why i didn't actually, i probably just wasn't paying attention :p Fixed, as well as the other things!

Latios212

Everything checks out :P just a few visual comments:
- Move the first roll marking right a bit in m. 2 (side note, whenever I have roll markings on beat 1 I usually use the measure tool to add about 0.5 in. to the beginning of the measure to avoid adjusting any note positions)
- poco rit. could be poked left a bit?
- Perhaps a double barline at the end of m. 7?

Regardless, looks good! :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

I just realized m7 sounds like the Luigi's Mansion theme...

Anyway, this looks great. I noticed the chords in m3-4 are inverted, but I think prioritizing the chromatic voice there in both octaves works nicely. The only thing I'd suggest is to have some kind of note indicating to let the chord in m7 ring out during m8-11.

Bloop

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 12:50:38 PMThe only thing I'd suggest is to have some kind of note indicating to let the chord in m7 ring out during m8-11.
The chord pretty much fades out already after m8, but it does sound a bit better, so did that!

Quote from: Latios212 on March 19, 2022, 05:08:19 PM- Perhaps a double barline at the end of m. 7?
Because of the above, m8-11 now kinda functions as an extension to the chord in m5, so I left the double barline out. Did the other things though! Good tip on adding the space to the beginning of measures ^^

Zeta