Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Boss: Lady Maud
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

This one's maybe playable I have no idea the tempo is very fast though lol. Also, lots of accidentals. I'm not really good at identifying chords (And chord spellings) so some may be wrong based on that, but I tried to be consistent with how I was doing things.

Static

Accidental-wise, this is pretty good. Most of the piece is just minor chords, so I think you chose the appropriate accidentals.
  • Pickup: The first four notes you have are correct, but after that it descends using the whole tone scale, so something like this (also the rest in the LH should be split into 8th + quarter):
  • m1-3 RH: I hear the rhythm here a bit differently. Here's what I'm hearing (I'd also recommend adding slurs/staccatos in the places shown here where you didn't have them before):
  • m4 LH: There's an F# under the A.
  • m5 RH: The top note is a G instead of Bb. You might want to move down m4 a third to lead to it better, but it m4 should still be using the same scale (G minor).
  • m7/46: The last 16th note should be Eb instead of En. The bass also doubles the RH an octave lower, it's not 8th notes (although if you intentionally simplified it that's OK too).
  • m8 beat 1: A slur on here for both the RH and LH might be nice, just to show explicitly that those notes should be legato. Since almost everything else is staccato here it may be overlooked on a first read-through. This also applies to places like m12 RH beat 3, and the LH pattern in m29+.
  • m11 RH beat 3: The top voice plays G# instead of C# here.
  • m11/15/19 LH beats 3-4: The C#s should be Ds.
  • m23/27 LH beats 3-4: The F#s should be Gs.
  • m32 LH beat 4: Top voice is C instead of D.
  • m36 LH beat 4: This sounds longer in the original, like a quarter note.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 12:08:43 PM
  • m4 LH: There's an F# under the A.
  • m5 RH: The top note is a G instead of Bb. You might want to move down m4 a third to lead to it better, but it m4 should still be using the same scale (G minor).
Moving that run down a third makes it start on the A, so I made a fancy little thing to show that 😉

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 12:08:43 PM
  • m7/46: The last 16th note should be Eb instead of En. The bass also doubles the RH an octave lower, it's not 8th notes (although if you intentionally simplified it that's OK too).
Yup, that one I did simplify, I also felt it would sound more clear with just the rh doing sixteenths.

Updated.

Static

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 12:08:43 PMm11 RH beat 3: The top voice plays G# instead of C# here.
Sorry, for this, I meant only right on beat 3. Beats 3.5-4 go up to C#.

Everything else looks good

cashwarrior1

Bloop

Looking pretty good! Fun boss theme too ^^

-m1: The mf dynamic marking should probably go at the start of the pickup instead. Also, I'd write the E in the R.H. (the 3rd note of the first triplet) as an Fb, as it's outlining a Db minor chord.
-m5: If you're not too attached to the D in the R.H., you can delete it to allow for a bit easier playability with the run before. Also, instead of an fp dynamic marking, I'd just write it as forte, and place the piano at beat 3 instead. Fp is mostly used when the music continues after the forte note, not when it's just an accent. If you wanted it to be more of an accent dynamic marking, you could use sfz instead too ^^
-m6-7: I hear a Cb as top note, so maybe you could write the tremolo as a Cb-Eb-Ab-Cb chord instead? Also, you can use the Beam Extension Tool in Special Tools to edit the tremolo marking, so it's not that close to the flats and a bit closer to the first note instead.
-m13 and 17: Is there a specific reason you wrote beat 3-4 here as staccato + legato chord, instead of a long note and the chords in the L.H. like in 21 and 25?
-m15, 19, 23 and 27: I think I hear the R.H. note on beat 1.5 as staccato instead.
-m40: I hear the R.H. melody on beat 1 just as 16th notes: G-Ab-G-F.
-m43: There's not a way to hold the C octave in the R.H. and also play the Csus4 chord on beat 2.5 (without using pedal, but I'm assuming you didn't want any pedal here). I'd either move the F and G up an octave, or just let the C octave hold for a (dotted) quarter note.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on March 29, 2022, 06:57:35 AM-m13 and 17: Is there a specific reason you wrote beat 3-4 here as staccato + legato chord, instead of a long note and the chords in the L.H. like in 21 and 25?
I think when I first arranged it I wanted to keep the chords in the upper octave but then when it modulates I felt that it would sound fine in the lower octave. I changed it now though lol

Quote from: Bloop on March 29, 2022, 06:57:35 AM-m43: There's not a way to hold the C octave in the R.H. and also play the Csus4 chord on beat 2.5 (without using pedal, but I'm assuming you didn't want any pedal here). I'd either move the F and G up an octave, or just let the C octave hold for a (dotted) quarter note.
I just moved that chord to the left hand, it sounds fine and is a little easier.

Updated.

Bloop

About m1, I wasn't as clear on which note I meant :p The Fb in the third note of the 16th triplet in the pick up measure should be an Eb like it was before (Fb and Eb aren't enharmonically equivalent). I meant the third note in the quarter triplet of the first full measure, after the Db and Ab.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 29, 2022, 07:55:00 AMI think when I first arranged it I wanted to keep the chords in the upper octave but then when it modulates I felt that it would sound fine in the lower octave. I changed it now though lol
In that case, you could also put the G# in a separate layer like this:
You cannot view this attachment.

Everything else looks good!

Bloop

Zeta