Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 4
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Dust Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Everything looks great, I particularly like the harmonies you picked for m21. I just disagree on some of the note lengths:
  • m9 RH beat 4.5: This sounds like a normal 8th note length to me, not staccato.
  • m10 RH: The 16th notes on beat 1.25 and 2.25 sound like 8th notes to me.
  • m18 RH: All the offbeat 16ths sound long-ish to me, and also you could probably get away with adding the Gn on beat 2.75, since this is a climactic moment of the piece and there isn't much movement between all the dyads.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on March 17, 2022, 05:33:56 PM
  • m9 RH beat 4.5: This sounds like a normal 8th note length to me, not staccato.
  • m10 RH: The 16th notes on beat 1.25 and 2.25 sound like 8th notes to me.
  • m18 RH: All the offbeat 16ths sound long-ish to me, and also you could probably get away with adding the Gn on beat 2.75, since this is a climactic moment of the piece and there isn't much movement between all the dyads.

Did all of this, and made a playability adjustment to the last four measures. Files are updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Libera

This looks pretty good, just some small comments from me.

-I think the C# in bar 21 would be better as a Db.  It doesn't resolve up to a Dn so I think it would be better to use the enharmonic equivalent that's closer to the key here.
-Just a question: since you were happy to write in the LH pattern in bar 15 (beats 2/4), why did you simplify it everywhere else?  I figure it would make more sense to be consistent and simplify it also in bar 15 as well, but maybe you have some reasoning I don't see.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on March 26, 2022, 12:42:38 PMThis looks pretty good, just some small comments from me.

-I think the C# in bar 21 would be better as a Db.  It doesn't resolve up to a Dn so I think it would be better to use the enharmonic equivalent that's closer to the key here.
-Just a question: since you were happy to write in the LH pattern in bar 15 (beats 2/4), why did you simplify it everywhere else?  I figure it would make more sense to be consistent and simplify it also in bar 15 as well, but maybe you have some reasoning I don't see.

- oops, that's embarrassing, I hadn't even noticed that error. Fixed
- if I did have some reasoning for leaving it unsimplified, I don't remember what it was. All I know is that, in retrospect, it seems silly to leave it that way, so I've gone and changed those repeated sixteenths to eighths. Thank you for pointing that out, not many would've caught that

Files are updated.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot