Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: MEGALOVANIA
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

cashwarrior1

LeviR.star

Anyone wanna fill me in on how many other sheets JesterMusician took with him?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

I hardly even need to pull up the source to check this one lol

The arrangement is good, and thanks for keeping playability in mind. Some parts are hard but easy enough to cut a few notes here and there. Just a handful of comments mostly about the presentation:
- A bit more variation with the dynamics? How about:
  - mf at 13 before returning to f at 17
  - ff instead of f at m. 43 (I guess it's not necessary if you have all the accents, but this part really sticks out to me)
- Consistency with the parentheses - in m. 9-12 you have them on the RH in all measures but only in the LH in m. 9. Thoughts about removing the latter ones in m. 10+ beat 1 - do you think it's strongly implied? Same question for LH of m. 37+, I feel like it's clear enough that you only need to put it the first time.
- m. 13 has an En grace note before beat 2.75, if you want to include that
- I think m. 14 would be better written with a flatted mordent instead of a triplet, but not strictly necessary to change it I guess
- You could flip the accent and upper tie of the dyad in m. 16 up if you want to, I think it'd look a little nicer that way
- I feel like m. 19 would be better written with upper layer eighth notes overlapping what you have written
- m. 21 I see you didn't write in a dyads for beat 4.5, but this figure is still really awkward to play quickly. After testing it a bit, it's much more doable if you omit the lower note on beat 4.25 and/or 4.75.
- Phrase markings instead of text expression for the RH legato part in 25-27?
- Courtesy flat in m. 33 LH since it doesn't re-flat at the system break (similar to m. 7-8)
- Courtesy naturals on RH of m. 48?
- And last thing, I'm curious why you wrote the left hand part with rests only in m. 9-20 while filling them in everywhere else.

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 25, 2022, 11:47:37 AMAnyone wanna fill me in on how many other sheets JesterMusician took with him?
Check the history of the #arranging channel on the Discord server...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Only one thing I noticed as really sticking out:
  • The ending melody F's (Beat 4.5) in Bars 45 and 49 sound wrong - they're B flats an octave up from the previous melody B flats in the original. Might be my ears, but I can't detect F's in the melody instrument there even though they would make sense.

mastersuperfan

Thanks for the feedback, I got most things. Some things I didn't change, or changed in a different way:
Quote from: Latios212 on February 27, 2022, 08:36:04 PM- ff instead of f at m. 43 (I guess it's not necessary if you have all the accents, but this part really sticks out to me) not really feeling ff, it actually sounds somewhat muted of a climax to me
- m. 13 has an En grace note before beat 2.75, if you want to include that doesn't fit stylistically imo
- I think m. 14 would be better written with a flatted mordent instead of a triplet, but not strictly necessary to change it I guess couldn't figure out how to do this in finale. I might try again later but I'm pretty sure it would involve making a hidden staff for playback, so to save trouble I'm not even going to try it until all other changes to the sheet are done
- And last thing, I'm curious why you wrote the left hand part with rests only in m. 9-20 while filling them in everywhere else. I wrote the LH in the way that I honestly wanted it to be played, based on my playtesting. I like the shift from having some staccato notes to having a legato LH from m13-20 to m21+; otherwise the LH is just the same all the time. if you want to me emphasize the shift by adding staccatos to m13-20 16th notes or adding a legato text marking to m21, I can do that
Quote from: Dekkadeci on February 28, 2022, 08:29:07 AMOnly one thing I noticed as really sticking out:
  • The ending melody F's (Beat 4.5) in Bars 45 and 49 sound wrong - they're B flats an octave up from the previous melody B flats in the original. Might be my ears, but I can't detect F's in the melody instrument there even though they would make sense. I did that intentionally for playability but I changed it now so that the Bb is on top and instead I modified the note on beat 4.25
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on February 27, 2022, 08:36:04 PM- m. 13 has an En grace note before beat 2.75, if you want to include that doesn't fit stylistically imo
It really sticks out to me, but I guess it's fine if you don't want it

Quote from: Latios212 on February 27, 2022, 08:36:04 PM- I think m. 14 would be better written with a flatted mordent instead of a triplet, but not strictly necessary to change it I guess couldn't figure out how to do this in finale. I might try again later but I'm pretty sure it would involve making a hidden staff for playback, so to save trouble I'm not even going to try it until all other changes to the sheet are done
Sure that's fine

Quote from: Latios212 on February 27, 2022, 08:36:04 PM- And last thing, I'm curious why you wrote the left hand part with rests only in m. 9-20 while filling them in everywhere else. I wrote the LH in the way that I honestly wanted it to be played, based on my playtesting. I like the shift from having some staccato notes to having a legato LH from m13-20 to m21+; otherwise the LH is just the same all the time. if you want to me emphasize the shift by adding staccatos to m13-20 16th notes or adding a legato text marking to m21, I can do that
It doesn't matter much to me either way, just wanted to make sure that it's all as you intended~

I'll approve ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Hm, never heard of this track before, must've been added in the console ports
  • m15 beat 3.25: If you want that note actually performed longer, then put a tenuto on it. In a performance, it'd probably just be played staccato since it's easy to overlook (or mistake for a printing error).
  • I second using a mordent instead of a triplet in m14. This was a problem I had with the previous version of this sheet too, I think it's unnecessarily annoying to read. I don't know if you saw my response in the #help channel or not, but I'll just copy over what I posted on NineLives' current sub:
    Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 01:40:57 PM
    • Select the Articulation Tool, and in the Articulation Selection menu, click "Create..." at the bottom lefthand side. This will open the Articulation Designer.
    • In the Articulation Designer, under Symbols, click "Main..." and select the small flat symbol - not the normal-sized one (in my version of Finale 2014, this is listed as #105, it may be different for you). Do the same thing for "Flipped...". You do not need to do anything else in this menu, so click OK at the bottom.
    • Then, select the new articulation you made from the Articulation Selection menu and place it above the mordent, making manual adjustments as necessary. The playback should work automatically, but if it doesn't, let me know and I can take care of it for you.
  • No lower octave D in m17? It's not that hard to play.
  • m19 RH: I'm assuming you changed the offbeat 16ths for playability reasons? That's fine then.
  • m53-54 LH: You could add in the 5th voice above the bass, since the guitar doesn't drop out there in the original.
  • Page numbers/titles are outside the margins, although I suppose this isn't really that big of a deal.

Radiak488417

There's a G on beat 1.25 of m40 RH. I think that's all I've got.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Static on March 21, 2022, 11:16:46 AM
  • No lower octave D in m17? It's not that hard to play.
Not sure what you meant by this?

Otherwise, got everything!

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 27, 2022, 09:44:47 AMNot sure what you meant by this?
meant m18, sorry about that

Anyway, after talking a bit on discord that's fixed now, and everything else looks great too, so I'll accept

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot