Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Wii
Title: Purple Comet
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Helping XiaoMigros bring back this much needed replacement! I've updated the files with feedback from here last time, except for:
Quote from: Latios212 on June 21, 2021, 08:20:47 PMThis is kind of a comment about the whole thing, but it sounds like the bass does a little flourish kind of thing on beat 4 of most measures. For the intro it sounds something like writing in an F on beat 4.25 in between the C and the G. Wondering if this was something you thought about? (I'm also fine with simplifying it as you have it written now.) If you're having trouble hearing the notes clearly, I'd suggest raising the music an octave and running the audio through something like AudioStretch.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

-I removed the 8va marking below the L.H. from m3-29 and transposed the bass down an octave: the lowest note in the whole portion is G/Gb, which I think is still readable without the need of an 8va or 8vb mark.
-Added the bass flourish Latios mentioned in his quote from June, as well as edited a lot of the rest of the bass part.
-Added staccatos to m5, 7, 9, 11, 17, 19, 21 and 23 beat 3.
-m25-28: Added a crescendo and a subito mp marking in these 4 bars, as the original builds up and suddenly drops down to a lower dynamic.
-m48-52: Originally this melody had all of its notes harmonized as block chords, but I felt some of these were a bit too jarring or didn't fit the chord that well. I edited a bit to tone down on the blockyness of the 8th note, and edited some chords (mostly m50 and 52). m52 still sounds a bit jarring because of Fb major over an Eb bass, but I believe that's what happens in the original.
-m53-56: Added a bass part to the second layer, since I felt this part was a bit too empty without it. I simplified the last beat so it wouldn't be too heavy on the L.H.
-m54: I hear Db in the R.H. here, and don't hear the Gb until m55.

Not a long list, but quite a lot of changes to mostly the bass and some subjectivity in the last 9 bars. I uploaded the new files, but here's a .musx with some of the original stuff to compare. From me it's approved though!
You cannot view this attachment.

Latios212

Thanks Bloop! I did a skim over your changes and they look/sound good to me. I don't think I have any other major comments for this one so I'll accept :)

Yay more replacements!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot