[MUL] Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - "Ordinary Days" by Sayshi & Latios212

Started by Zeta, January 31, 2022, 08:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Thanks for looking!

Quote from: Static on February 18, 2022, 04:02:17 PM
  • m6 beats 1-2/m12 beat 4: These are the same chord (G9), so I would spell the Cb in m12 as Bn.
Ah yeah that makes more sense to read. Added a courtesy flat in m. 13 too

• m16 RH beat 2.5: So, In the piano part I hear an F on top - and the rest of the top layer of that measure is also the piano part. So, imo, I think F fits more. There is an A played on beat 2 by the flute (what you have as the 2nd layer), but not on beat 2.5.
Alrighty, changed since all three of you agree haha

• There's a short 16th note countermelody in m22, you could maybe put it in the LH.
Here's what I'm getting for that countermelody (written on top of what's currently there) -
You cannot view this attachment.
We could plat around with the chord inversions and/or lower the voice by an octave, but I think it'd be a bit distracting both in terms of playing and in terms of sound, so I think I'd prefer to leave it out to focus on the quarter note chords + eighth note melody like the previous couple of measures.

• m25 RH: Instead of doubling the top voice, maybe include the middle voice that starts on G?
Ah missed that! I still think it sounds good with octaves though, so included both that voice and the lower octave.

Files updated! Lemme know if you (or Sayshi) disagree about anything above :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Regarding m22, I was thinking of just including the 16th notes, since the other notes are covered by the chords. Something like this maybe:

Just gives it a bit of rhythmic variety there, but it's also fine without it.

Everything else looks good to me, so I'll accept once we hear from Sayshi

Theguysayhi

Thanks again for your help Bloop and Static! :)

I apologies as my theory isn't the best to follow along with this,
but I've been following along with everyone's comments and the level of attention and detail people have covered is astounding to me!

Quote from: Static on February 20, 2022, 08:49:20 AMRegarding m22, I was thinking of just including the 16th notes, since the other notes are covered by the chords. Something like this maybe:
I don't think I have anything more to add other than what has already been mentioned but I absolutely enjoy this change.
As you say I think it adds a bit more rhymical variety that is faithful to the original song. I have no objections to this being added in!

You have my approval ^^
(Edit: Just chatted with Latios212 who has just added in the change!)

Static

Zeta