News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[N64] GoldenEye 007 - "Train" (Replacement) by Bloop

Started by Zeta, January 31, 2022, 02:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: GoldenEye 007
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Train
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Part of the replacement initiative!

I couldn't find an official track listing somewhere for this game, but most sources seem to refer to this track as "Train".

Fantastic Ike

How nice it is to see a GoldenEye sheet without Comic Sans lol

Static

Looks really great, I don't really have anything to say. Although, it might be cool to include that high-pitched chime part in m20-24 and other places. idk how it would really sound on piano or in the context of the sheet, but maybe consider it.

Also, Rare should be added as a developer in the copyright text.

Bloop

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on January 31, 2022, 05:36:41 AMHow nice it is to see a GoldenEye sheet without Comic Sans lol
Idk man, maybe we should change the standard font for all sheets to comic sans (jk)

Quote from: Static on February 04, 2022, 02:01:09 PMAlthough, it might be cool to include that high-pitched chime part in m20-24 and other places.
I tried this out, but I think I prefer it without, it gets a bit too much into the foreground.

Updated the copyright info, as well as the game title (I had the E from Eye uncapitalized at first)

Static

Latios212

Looking great! A few comments to finish up here:
- The percussive sections in m. 32-35 and 54-57, have you considered writing in a note (probably in the LH) on beat 2?
- The measure distribution is a little squished/stretched in a few places and maybe could use a bit of poking around. On page 1, the second and third systems have 6 and 4 measures respectively and can probably be evened out. Some systems on page 3 are kinda cramped compared to how spacey everything is on page 4. Maybe play around with it a bit and see what you like best?
- Do you want the crescendos in m. 39 to have some starting/ending dynamics or are they just meant to apply to that phrase? Just wondering if it may be a bit ambiguous to read right now
- You could start the bass clef at m. 66 instead of 68
- I see you have beaming eighth notes over rests by default in this sheet, but in particular I think in the last measure it makes sense to break the beam completely since the sound cuts off abruptly on beat 3.
- You could definitely lower the top staff away from the header on page 4.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on February 17, 2022, 08:14:21 PM- The percussive sections in m. 32-35 and 54-57, have you considered writing in a note (probably in the LH) on beat 2?
I added them to the 2nd and 4th measures of those sections: one the 1st and 3rd it kinda takes away the tension created by the power chords on beats 1 and 1.5, but on the 2nd and 4th it did feel a bit empty.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 17, 2022, 08:14:21 PM- The measure distribution is a little squished/stretched in a few places and maybe could use a bit of poking around. On page 1, the second and third systems have 6 and 4 measures respectively and can probably be evened out. Some systems on page 3 are kinda cramped compared to how spacey everything is on page 4. Maybe play around with it a bit and see what you like best?
Page 1 was an easy fix, but I wasn't entirely sure how to feel about page 3-4. I had to add an extra system to un-cramp page 3, but this meant another system was added to page 4 which caused the systems to get really close together on that page (particularly because of the pedal marks, 8vas and accents). I currently opted for going just 4 systems per page from page 2 on, so there's now another page with 3 systems. Here's a pdf of the previous distribution if you wanna compare.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 17, 2022, 08:14:21 PM- Do you want the crescendos in m. 39 to have some starting/ending dynamics or are they just meant to apply to that phrase? Just wondering if it may be a bit ambiguous to read right now
Yeah they just apply to that phrase, I felt adding starting and ending dynamics makes it too "objective" if that makes sense :p

Fixed the other stuff as well!

Latios212

Okay great, everything looks good! Yeah I think the slightly more spacious layout works nicely with this piece.

Accept time!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot