Game: Deltarune
Console: PC
Title: WELCOME TO THE CITY
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Static

• m8 RH beat 4: This chord is missing a Bb.
  • In the bassline in m9-32, consider adding slurs to the 8th notes on beats 1/3, since those notes might otherwise be mistaken for staccato and/or not played as long as you intend. You have slurs like that after m32 already, though maybe still add tenuto marks to m33 and similar. It never hurts to be really clear with articulations, at least I think so.
  • m11, 12, 15, 16, etc. LH: The first three 8th notes should be Ab-Eb-C instead of Ab-G-Eb.
  • m15 RH beat 3.5 is missing a C under the Eb.
  • You could add a gliss. up to m35/43 RH beat 4.5 if you want, although it sounds fine without it too.
Looks good

Bloop

I passed on the glissando, because it's a bit subtle in the original and will probably be very present in the arrangement, but I fixed everything else! Thanks for checking!

Radiak488417

-m4 RH beat 4: I don't hear the G here (this intro is doing a NES pastiche so it makes sense that there'd only be 3 voices :P)
-The chords in m7-8 are a little hard to hear, but this is what I'm getting:

-m7/8 LH sounds like it's doubled an octave down
-In m24 the dog instrument is doubling the melody an octave down, you could maybe do something like this:

-For m35/43 RH beat 4.5, it sounds like there's just 2 grace notes, a Bb and a C (if you still don't want to include them that's fine)
-m61 RH beat 4: The bottom note should be a Dn

Bloop

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 05, 2022, 03:30:33 PM-m4 RH beat 4: I don't hear the G here (this intro is doing a NES pastiche so it makes sense that there'd only be 3 voices :P)
-The chords in m7-8 are a little hard to hear, but this is what I'm getting
After some careful audiostretching, I think you're right! I still heard m7 beat 4.5 as I had though (Ab-Bb-Db, the F below may be there too but I hear the G-Ab movement a bit clearer)

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 05, 2022, 03:30:33 PM-m7/8 LH sounds like it's doubled an octave down
Fixed this when I was doing the careful audiostretching on the previous comments lol.

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 05, 2022, 03:30:33 PM-In m24 the dog instrument is doubling the melody an octave down, you could maybe do something like this:
I think I prefer leaving it out, the annoying dog toby fox the dog isn't as present as the other two voices, and the voice crossings make the square wave voice less pronounced.

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 05, 2022, 03:30:33 PM-For m35/43 RH beat 4.5, it sounds like there's just 2 grace notes, a Bb and a C (if you still don't want to include them that's fine)
I added just the C, restriking the Bb on the dyad feels a bit awkward.

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 05, 2022, 03:30:33 PM-m61 RH beat 4: The bottom note should be a Dn
It took me a bit to actually hear it, and I definitely don't hear the Ab I had at first, so fixed! I also added a courtesy accidental in the L.H. Db on beat 4.5 because of that.

Updated the files, thanks for taking a look! Those were some good details I probably would've never noticed otherwise :p

Static

All the changes look good to me. I hear m7-8 RH as it is currently too

Radiak488417

Quote from: Bloop on February 06, 2022, 02:38:53 AMI still heard m7 beat 4.5 as I had though (Ab-Bb-Db, the F below may be there too but I hear the G-Ab movement a bit clearer)
Yeah, that makes sense to me. I'm not sure if you disagree since you didn't mention it, but I'm still hearing m8 beat 2.5 as having Bb on the bottom. Everything else looks really nice!

Bloop

Latios212

Nice, a Toby Fox song that's tuned properl -- dang it

- m. 9, 10, 11, etc. - thoughts about writing in an eighth rest on beat 3 in the right hand? The original pitches don't really sustain for so long and it'd make things a bit neater (especially if you ended each slur on the half note). In later sections lifting earlier would also give the performer more time to prepare for the next phrase.
- Maybe not on page 3... but on page 2 you can move the systems a bit closer to make more space below the header
- A few rests above the staff need a little extra space to stay away from the lower layer notes - m. 26/30/47
- Courtesy flats in m. 35/39/43/47 LH?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on February 24, 2022, 05:49:12 PMNice, a Toby Fox song that's tuned properl -- dang it
rip

Quote from: Latios212 on February 24, 2022, 05:49:12 PM- m. 9, 10, 11, etc. - thoughts about writing in an eighth rest on beat 3 in the right hand? The original pitches don't really sustain for so long and it'd make things a bit neater (especially if you ended each slur on the half note). In later sections lifting earlier would also give the performer more time to prepare for the next phrase.
Yeah that makes sense! Done!

Quote from: Latios212 on February 24, 2022, 05:49:12 PM- Maybe not on page 3... but on page 2 you can move the systems a bit closer to make more space below the header
I did the same for page 3 as well, I think there's still enough space between the systems there to not be too close.

Did the other things as well!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot