News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Composer's Best Poll #1 ~ Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy)

Started by The-Real-Link, August 23, 2008, 08:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think is Nobuo Uematsu's best Final Fantasy composition. (Nominations Welcome)

Aerith's Theme
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy VII Main Theme
0 (0%)
One Winged Angel
1 (10%)
Eyes on Me
0 (0%)
Libari Fatali
0 (0%)
Vamo 'alla Flamenco
0 (0%)
Eternal Harvest
0 (0%)
Melodies of Life
2 (20%)
To Zanarkand
2 (20%)
Suteki da Ne
0 (0%)
Tidus's Theme
0 (0%)
Dancing Mad
4 (40%)
Tina ("Terra")
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

The-Real-Link

I just started out with some of his more well known Final Fantasy songs. I admit, that a lot is missing from the list, but all you will have to nominate those! (Somebody better say Final Fantasy IV Theme of Love!!)

Personally...I have to say To Zanarkand.

Gooch

I can only imagine that others are going to post OWA, but thats just more popular, it doesn't mean its the best. I like the melody of "To Zanarkand" and its easier to play and memorize for the piano and both are just as equally well known.

Gu4n

Impossible to vote..

I'd say "Terra" from Final Fantasy VI.

KefkaticFanatic

Fool.  You are missing Dancing Mad.  It is obviously the most amazing piece ever.

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 25, 2008, 10:35:19 AMFool.  You are missing Dancing Mad.  It is obviously the most amazing piece ever.
*beats self with deku stick* Thank you for pointing that out gamer! I should be ashamed of myself. *goes to add this instant.*

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

I like most of the choir pieces that nobuo made..such as...

Memoro de la S^tono (FFXI)

Promised Land (FFVII AC)

Roaming Sheep (FFIII)

Others such as..

Liberi Fatali

One Winged Angel

FFVI Overture(Aria de Mezzo Carattere)

Fethos Lusec Wecos Vinosec.

These are great too.

The-Real-Link

I'm probably going to update this soon and add quite a few pieces. I might take away the Final Fantasy cap, and add some of his more recent stuff from Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Brawl, and AWAY.

musicguy360

melodies of life has an amazing melody, also the piano collections version of it is amazing. (Yes, i know someone else made the piano collections)

The-Real-Link

Quote from: musicguy360 on January 23, 2009, 03:14:53 PMmelodies of life has an amazing melody, also the piano collections version of it is amazing. (Yes, i know someone else made the piano collections)
Final Fantasy IX Piano Collections was arranged by Shiro Hamaguchi. And yes, it is amazing. I have four of the Piano Collections books. (7, 8, 9, 10)

Brassman388

you should try and get the rest.

They're all really good, and sound amazing.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 25, 2009, 02:21:19 PMyou should try and get the rest.

They're all really good, and sound amazing.
I want IV, V, and VI, but both the first and second editions are out of print, and I can't find them ANYWHERE for under $400!!!

Brassman388

Now, the question is..do you want them in a book form, or would you settle for a digital version?

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 27, 2009, 05:31:36 PMNow, the question is..do you want them in a book form, or would you settle for a digital version?
I know where to get them digital, but I need them in book form. I play them in (and have won with them) piano competitions, and They have to be in bork form. Besides, I prefer to own the books anyways! They are so awsome!