News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Replacement Initiative

Started by Libera, January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

Quote from: NineLives on June 02, 2023, 08:36:24 AMJust giving this a bump so it'll be submitted, since the other replacement has been accepted. I know it's been a while.
It's been submitted for you now, sorry about the wait!

XiaoMigros

Also, we have 2 new sheets added to the initiative:
  • Evergreen - Terranigma
  • Smiles and Tears - EarthBound

Make that one, I have an abandoned arrangement of Smiles and Tears lying around somewhere...

Static

I'd like to claim Evergreen, however...

The sheet on the site that is currently titled "Evergreen," is not actually an arrangement of Evergreen. In fact, it's not from Terranigma at all. I don't recognize it though, so if anyone else does I guess consider this an unofficial melody quiz of sorts.

In the meantime I'll be working on an arrangement of the track actually called Evergreen.

LeviR.star

I have great news! After doing some sleuthing around the Internet, I was able to correctly identify the source of the "Evergreen Forest" sheet we have on-site for Terranigma. The real track behind the arrangement is "Clash of Light and Shadow" (alternatively titled "Threat of Dark Gaia") from Illusion of Gaia, composed by Yasuhiro Kawasaki. This game and Soul Blazer are apparently considered Enix's unofficial predecessors to Terranigma.

While I would normally volunteer myself to assist with this Replacement Initiative entry, I already have three sheets lined up for the next submission cycle, and I'm sure Static is more familiar with arranging this sort of music anyway. So I'll just leave it up to him or anyone else that wants to take it on. Cheers!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Ah, of course! I should've known, but it has been awhile since I've played this. Thank you for finding it!

I'll be arranging this track instead.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Libera on January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM
Cavi Cape, you say? I would love to claim it. I believe the official name is The Wind is Blowing at Cavi Cape, though.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

XiaoMigros

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 19, 2023, 06:28:19 PMI believe the official name is The Wind is Blowing at Cavi Cape, though.
That is correct :p

Another sheet joins the initiative! Predictably, it is from GoldenEye 007 (N64).

XiaoMigros

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 19, 2023, 06:22:29 PMI have great news! After doing some sleuthing around the Internet, I was able to correctly identify the source of the "Evergreen Forest" sheet we have on-site for Terranigma. The real track behind the arrangement is "Clash of Light and Shadow" (alternatively titled "Threat of Dark Gaia") from Illusion of Gaia, composed by Yasuhiro Kawasaki. This game and Soul Blazer are apparently considered Enix's unofficial predecessors to Terranigma.

Quote from: Static on July 19, 2023, 06:27:46 PMAh, of course! I should've known, but it has been awhile since I've played this. Thank you for finding it!

I'll be arranging this track instead.

Actually, we already have this sheet on-site under the correct game, also classed as an M on the audit. For this reason, I don't think replacing Evergreen Forest with this one is a good idea, but you can of course replace both separately.

Static

Quote from: XiaoMigros on July 20, 2023, 03:25:02 AMActually, we already have this sheet on-site under the correct game, also classed as an M on the audit. For this reason, I don't think replacing Evergreen Forest with this one is a good idea, but you can of course replace both separately.
In that case, Evergreen it is.

LeviR.star

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Why are we putting priority on replacing "Evergreen" when a sheet for it never really existed in the first place? There's two copies of the Illusion of Gaia final boss sheet and neither of them are good.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

There's not really an underlying reason aside from the fact that both sheets are separately in need of replacement, and the one currently listed in the initiative is Evergreen (even if the sheet's contents isn't Evergreen).

LeviR.star

Then in that case the entry in question should be updated to reflect the real source, and the clone of it that is titled "Evergreen" should be deleted. Just my two cents, but my understanding is that this sheet was brought into the Replacement Initiative because of its contents, regardless of the title's accuracy.

Not saying Static shouldn't bother arranging the real "Evergreen" but in my opinion that can wait until the Illusion of Gaia sheet is replaced.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Alright, my arrangement of The Wind is Blowing at Cavi Cape is ready to be posted here. Can't wait to have this one updated, I look forward to working on feedback.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

XiaoMigros

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 20, 2023, 05:51:38 AMSorry, I'm not sure I understand. Why are we putting priority on replacing "Evergreen" when a sheet for it never really existed in the first place? There's two copies of the Illusion of Gaia final boss sheet and neither of them are good.
Hey, sorry if this is confusing. Some similar situations have come in the past but I don't think we've made it super clear what to do with a mislabeled sheet that needs to be replaced.

When a sheet for track A is labeled as track B, there are two main lines of reasoning:
1 - Replace it with a sheet for track A and correct the labelling, because the content of what's being replaced is important. Any user who saw the old sheet and found it of poor quality will have a fresh sheet for the same piece of music.
2 - Replace it with a sheet for track B, because the original sheet was unfit for the site and we should deliver on the promise to offer a sheet for track B. Any user who saw that we offered track B on site and was confused will have a fresh sheet for what they were originally looking for.

I think we have examples of both we've done in the past. It's essentially the same question here, between whether to simply delete the Evergreen sheet because it is a mislabeled duplicate, or to replace it to maintain the site's listing of sheets.

As for my opinion? I actually don't mind either way, so I'll defer to the other updaters.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle