News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

A request unlike many others...

Started by Gooch, August 22, 2008, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooch

Hey, people out there! So, i said i would add a wierd request yesterday on Chat, well, here it is. First, i'll spin you a yarn. We have a fairly large English project that will be due on Sept. 10th. So, the final creativity part of it involves one of the short stories we chose to read. One of them was Musical Performance. So, i can only hope someone will take this up and put your imagination into overdrive for my following request. I need someone to possibly read "Dusk" by Saki and i would like someone to make me a piano or saxophone composition that will show the moods in the story effectively and clearly so that i may play it in class. Much thanks to those who decide to take this on!

DBJack

Soooo, you want us to do your summer homework for you? :P I'm sorry, I don't have the time, gotta do my projects too.  ;)

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

Gooch

No, not summer homework. I just need some music that would go well with that short story. I'm not the greatest at compositions, so i thought i might ask NSM. The only other thing im capable of is writing a 20 line poem, and thats just simply not nearly as fun.

Echo

Gooch

I play the alto and the bari. I personally dont care which one you do.

ALPRAS

Well, most people I know that have listen my composition they love them. So, if you want to give me this job, thats ok for me! :)

Gooch

Sure, ALPRAS. If you want to give it a crack, i would much appreciate it (I have to perform it on Sept. 10th, so perhaps on the 8th or 9th should you do the Sax, the 5th if you wanna do a piano one, but i would much rather the Sax. Piano/keyboard just isn't that easy to carry into class)

ALPRAS

Where can I read the "Dusk"? I need some inspiration  ;D

Gooch

just type in "Dusk" by Saki on Google and it should pop up. It shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to read.

BK-rules

Hey Gooch,
I just read the story. I just wanted to ask that the guy in the end, is he the true owner of the cake of soap or was he just looking for a different one?
 :)

Gooch

Gooch

Ok, if you are actually working on teh composition, i have some news that may lighten the load, i don't have to have it until this monday ( that would be the 15th). But, please, tell me if you aren't going to do it or if you haven't started yet because i really am relying on this...a lot.

ALPRAS

Well, I have some problems... I ve made a part of the composition but I ll be out from home and I cant compose for a week. Im really really sorry....

Gooch

ah, well, nothing ever comes to full fruitition for me, so its to be expected. I do appreciate the fact that you actuall took this on. I would actually like to see you finish it so that i can see what you interpreted from the story into the composition. Finish it when you have time, and dont worry, im not upset, i'll just do a poem tomorrow or something easy.