News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Wii reading DVDs lol

Started by gremhiilzoone, August 22, 2008, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Zombie

Oh yeah I was going to say that about the licenses. Do you guys want to have to pay more for a Wii because it has a useless function like playing DVDs? Except homebrew, of course.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mike

It's nice to see the possibility to run "backups" getting closer, but anyone who doesn't own a DVD player nowadays probably doesn't have enough money to buy a Wii. Or anyone who depended on the Wii playing DVDs are idiots.

Super Zombie, shut up. Stop living in the past, other than playing retro games of course. Nobody cares if you had to walk 100 miles, in your underwear and wearing only sandals to get to school when it was -9000 degrees outside. People made this hack so you can do more than what the Wii was meant to be and piracy of course. As for WiiFit, it's a controller, except for your whole body. But I do agree it's stupid.

SuperFireKirby

I had to walk 10 miles to school and back through the snow and it was uphill both ways.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Super Zombie

I was joking....

By the way, those were lyrics.

SuperFireKirby

I never knew that...

Well ya learn something new every day!

ALPRAS

I think thats not Ilegal because ive seen a program that make Wii read DVDs in a popular shop (Fnac, just in Europe). Its a shop where I buy most of my games and the shop dont sell ilegal things...

SuperFireKirby

Or maybe it does. You never know. ::)

acropol

so anyone tried it yet? ... I'm scared to lol... don't wanna mess up my Wii haha

gremhiilzoone

Quote from: acropol on September 10, 2008, 02:13:48 PMso anyone tried it yet? ... I'm scared to lol... don't wanna mess up my Wii haha

It's secure, but try not use GC memory cards or SD while doing this and follow the instruction very well. Noone has talked something about problens doing this yet, but it's not 100%.
Wii number:

3698-2928-7026-1383

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: acropol on September 10, 2008, 02:13:48 PMso anyone tried it yet? ... I'm scared to lol... don't wanna mess up my Wii haha

I'm a little scared myself. I might wait.

acropol

what happens tho when Nintendo releases a firmware update? does it just delete the channel, or prevents u from updating?

SuperFireKirby

I don't have internet for my wii at this moment so I'd be safe.

acropol

cool stuff I've installed the homebrew channel and it worked :)

I'm currently playing some NES games on my wii using emulators :D haha..

anyway.. i hope nothing goes wrong when nintendo updates lol

SuperFireKirby