News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Wii reading DVDs lol

Started by gremhiilzoone, August 22, 2008, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gremhiilzoone

yeahh, some hackers have made a homebrew app to make wii read dvds. It's a prove that Nintendo don't do a dvd player channel just for a software question, not a hardware question. I know Twilight hack is ilegal, but use it just to see DVDs is legal I think :-\ . If someone want try it:

Tutorial
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/photos/guide-to-watching-dvds-on-wii/974761/

And if u want seea video of some guy doing it

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojv62_YmlCE

I would try it if I had Zelda TP :P. I'll see if my friend lend his TP to me :D
Wii number:

3698-2928-7026-1383

Dude

The twilight hack is completely legal, it just depends on how you use it. If you install roms and junk on your Wii, then it's illegal

gremhiilzoone

Quote from: Dude on August 22, 2008, 01:16:56 PMThe twilight hack is completely legal, it just depends on how you use it. If you install roms and junk on your Wii, then it's illegal
Thanks for solving my doubt ;D. So let's see some dvds legally :D
Wii number:

3698-2928-7026-1383

Super Zombie

Yay! Now we can play DVDs because it's not like everyone already has a DVD player wherever they have their Wii! Oh wait....

kotorfanboy

^ Exactly what I said when my friend told me

gremhiilzoone

It doesn't matter. Watch on the wii is always cooler, and Instead of putting my Dvd and wii together, I can save space and hide my Dvd. Anyway is not really useful like the PS3 blu-ray reading, but it's cool.
Wii number:

3698-2928-7026-1383

SuperFireKirby

You should've been able to play DVDs in Wiis from the start. Stupid Nintendo. Don't they anything about what the people want?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

kotorfanboy

Nintendo is really stubborn when it comes to discs. They just finally man up'd and got a full size disc (a couple of gens late), but they still refuse to include all of the things we now take for granted from the other systems. Watch them include a dvd drive in their next console, market it as revolutionary, and people actually believe them  :o

Super Zombie

People will buy whatever crap Nintendo sells. Like Wii Fit. Now you can meditate with a video game! Oh wait, that ruins the point. Back in my day, we were happy just to get something! We didn't want to hide what we got. We were proud of what we had! You punks think nothin's good enough!
You lazy brats think nothing's good enough

Well, nobody ever drove me to school when it was ninety degrees below
We had to walk buck naked through forty miles of snow
Worked in the coal mines twenty two hours a day for just half a cent
Had to sell my internal organs just to pay the wait wait wait wait wait wait

I lost my track somewhere along the line... Anyway, this is just stupid. I think it's more for the people who made it to just play around with it and try to get it working.

Jamaha

IIRC, devices that play DVDs need to pay some kind of license fee. By not having DVD support on Wii's software saves Nintendo a couple of bucks.

KefkaticFanatic

This is a big breakthrough for piracy.  Now that homebrew is able to read DVDs, you can burn a game on to a disc and play it without a modchip.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

gamer4251

Yep, so now Nintendo has to start trying to kill the twilight hack and homebrew channel.

acropol

oh i bet there's a wii update coming up soon lol

gamer4251

Which will of course be thwarted within a week just like the last one :P