News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

GreekGeek's submission NEW SONG! [08/10]

Started by GreekGeek, August 22, 2008, 06:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boonzeet

Your Abandoned Ship theme is so good :) I love that song :D

Brassman388

You too greek, I'll be checking your stuff when everything is good. See you in a few.

GreekGeek

Thanks, I hope I'll get the time to review some of the songs, only few of them are correct.

HungryDragon

Great work on 'Approaching Champion Cynthia'! It's one of my favorite pieces from the series :D

Just a couple things:

1)Some of the notes that aren't tied need to be tied. In measures 6-7 and 14-15 the dotted eighth at the end needs to be tied to the quarter note of the next measure. Maybe you missed that, but I thought I'd like to point it out

2) Inserting a repeat for measures 5-35 wouldn't hurt as this is a repeating theme

Other than that, fantastic work :D

EDIT: Here's the fixed sheet if you want to take a look at it MUS
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

GreekGeek

HungryDragon

No problem  :D

Looks like we made the same sheet though ^^; I tend to leave my browser open and make edits later. Didn't see your new post until I refreshed the page. Oh well  ::)
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

GreekGeek

Sorry, I had to bump this. I'd like some feedback, so maybe I can submit Semifinal Battle (Which I'm very proud of) next time. What do you think?

kotorfanboy

semifinal battle as some format errors in that:

-game title is too big
-game title is not italicized
-There's a pesky "[arranger]" text box floating up in the top left
-Are you only supposed to have one copyright date? Not sure.
-Arrangement by needs italics, no bold
-If you want to really get nitpicky, don't include colons as they aren't in G-Han's guide

I think that's it! I noticed you asked what was wrong with the format, so...yea. Formatting's a bitch. But an important one at that.

Nintendude73

Quote from: kotorfanboy on July 22, 2009, 10:01:46 PM-Are you only supposed to have one copyright date? Not sure.
Generally I choose the copyright year based on when it was first released in the U.S. (not counting remakes, re-releases, etc.).  Not that it really matters.  I never check the copyright year (can you imagine looking that up for every sheet?  Bleh, no thanks), unless it's something ridiculous... like saying Super Mario Bros. came out in 2009.  Then I check. :P

GreekGeek

Quote from: Nintendude73 on July 23, 2009, 05:23:40 AM
Quote from: kotorfanboy on July 22, 2009, 10:01:46 PM-Are you only supposed to have one copyright date? Not sure.
Generally I choose the copyright year based on when it was first released in the U.S. (not counting remakes, re-releases, etc.).  Not that it really matters.  I never check the copyright year (can you imagine looking that up for every sheet?  Bleh, no thanks), unless it's something ridiculous... like saying Super Mario Bros. came out in 2009.  Then I check. :P
I always go to www.gamefaqs.com and check the dates when it came out in Japan, US etc.
But f.e. not that the Ocarina of Time was remade for Gamecube, except when the song that was arranged was used for arrangement instead of the original song.

KefkaticFanatic

You need to format correctly.  The new arrangement has a ton of overlapping elements.

me irl
[close]

GreekGeek

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 24, 2009, 09:21:53 PMYou need to format correctly.  The new arrangement has a ton of overlapping elements.

I know, but that's because the melody and the original brass should be split, I think. Or isn't that what you meant?

KefkaticFanatic

No.  Just look at the damn thing, it should be obvious.  Slurs overlapping with the above measures, some of the marks I forget the name of that tell you to play a note loudly are overlapping with things, etc.

me irl
[close]