Series: Other
Game: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Into the Dusk
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

I was not aware that we even had a sheet for this on-site until the colours project and I almost wish I had remained in the dark about this fact.  The sheet on-site is so old that it lists the copyright as 2008, because I assume that is when it was uploaded, rather than the year the game was published.

I have written the sheet to fade out as it does in the OST since this track doesn't actually loop in-game (it ends around bar 38 if I remember correctly in the scene that it plays in) and because the only looping point that I can think of is to go back to bar 27 which I don't think works all that well.

Latios212

Yay replacement!

I'm finding it really hard to pick apart the original voices in m. 27-40... but what you have looks and sounds solid. Here's the feedback I have:
- The beat 4 chord in m. 11 should match beat 1 (Gb instead of F)
- I don't hear the Gb on beat 3.5 of m. 19 RH, at least not prominently enough to expose a minor second with the F.
- Should the lower layer eighth note on beat 3 of m. 23 overlap the chord?
- m. 45 beat 2.25 sounds like Gb instead of F
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on December 28, 2021, 07:07:23 PMYay replacement!

I wish I submitted more of these...

Quote from: Latios212 on December 28, 2021, 07:07:23 PMI'm finding it really hard to pick apart the original voices in m. 27-40... but what you have looks and sounds solid.

Yeah this is the bit of the arrangement where I got stuck originally.  It stops really having any discernible melody and just sort of noodles around with the strings for 9 bars or so.  My rationale here was to 1) pick out any interesting lines that appear, 2) keep the harmony going, and 3) if possible get the top Ab sounding again from the strings which just sort of sits above the whole piece at this point.

Quote from: Latios212 on December 28, 2021, 07:07:23 PM- The beat 4 chord in m. 11 should match beat 1 (Gb instead of F)
- I don't hear the Gb on beat 3.5 of m. 19 RH, at least not prominently enough to expose a minor second with the F.
- Should the lower layer eighth note on beat 3 of m. 23 overlap the chord?
- m. 45 beat 2.25 sounds like Gb instead of F

All these should be fixed.  I initially wasn't sure about removing the minor 2nd in bar 19 but there is already the Gb in the bass there and it also helps to hear the resolution up to the Gb from the F on beat 4.333.  I also added a C that I missed in bar 22 on beat 3.5.

Thanks for your feedback!  Files updated.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on December 29, 2021, 01:41:18 AMYeah this is the bit of the arrangement where I got stuck originally.  It stops really having any discernible melody and just sort of noodles around with the strings for 9 bars or so.  My rationale here was to 1) pick out any interesting lines that appear, 2) keep the harmony going, and 3) if possible get the top Ab sounding again from the strings which just sort of sits above the whole piece at this point.
Yep, makes sense~

I don't have anything more to add, so I'll approve!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Nice to see some more AC (not to be confused with Animal Crossing) stuff. This one's needed a replacement for awhile...
  • m11 RH beat 1: Sounds like there's an Ab here between the Gb and Bb.
  • m13 RH beat 1: There's a Db I think between the C and Eb.
  • m17 RH beat 4: Missing a Cb in this chord (Bb7b9).
  • m20 RH beat 1.5 Layer 2: The Db is an octave lower in the original. It's fine to leave it up but you could have the LH play it if you want, like the Gb in m19 beat 3.
  • m43 RH beat 4: You could write this as a dotted 8th followed by 32nds (as you do in m10, 27, and 38). It's correct as it is, but I think the way you wrote it elsewhere is a bit more clear.
  • It sounds like it resolves to Bbm at the very end of the fadeout in the video.

Libera

Quote from: Static on December 30, 2021, 12:04:26 PM
  • m11 RH beat 1: Sounds like there's an Ab here between the Gb and Bb.
  • m13 RH beat 1: There's a Db I think between the C and Eb.

I don't think these are restruck.  I think they are just hanging over with the pedal.

• m20 RH beat 1.5 Layer 2: The Db is an octave lower in the original. It's fine to leave it up but you could have the LH play it if you want, like the Gb in m19 beat 3.

I hear this as I've written it in currently.

• m17 RH beat 4: Missing a Cb in this chord (Bb7b9).
  • m43 RH beat 4: You could write this as a dotted 8th followed by 32nds (as you do in m10, 27, and 38). It's correct as it is, but I think the way you wrote it elsewhere is a bit more clear.
  • It sounds like it resolves to Bbm at the very end of the fadeout in the video.

Fixed these.  I originally left the final Bbm chord out because I thought it would get in the way and it didn't really matter much because of the fade-out, but I think I can squeeze that bar in there and it gives the piece a little more finality which is nice.

Thanks for checking!  New files are up.

Static

Zeta