Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy III
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: The Way to the Top
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fantastic Ike

Pretty simple song so hopefully there's not too much that I have to fix.

cashwarrior1

bop bop bop, bop to the top

I don't have anything to add I just thought about that

Kricketune54

Just going off a more recent sheet example for this game but I think having SQUARE written as Square is more appropriate

-This is more me wondering out loud: is the rhythm for RH m5 beat 1 better as a staccato eighth and sixteenth rest, rather than a dotted eighth?  I seem to think others have said to avoid having accented dotted notes so that it's not ambiguous or something... same would apply for m9

-The overall system distribution I think could be spread out more on the page so the last system is ultimately closer to the credits, though this is kinda subjective if I remember correctly

Fantastic Ike

Okay, all pretty easy fixes. Let me know if you need anything else!

Bloop

Nice work on this! The notes all seem correct, just a few lay-out comments:

-The notes in the bottom layer are all just a short as the top layer, so you can add staccato dots to these notes too (or maybe just move them to the first layer, either works I think).
-The layer 1 notes on beats 3.5 and 4.5 of m4, 6, 8 and 10 are all to wide apart to be playable by most people (I usually take 9ths as the max distance for one hand, maybe a 10th in extreme cases). The R.H. can't take them either, so you either have to move one of the voices an octave up/down or delete one of the voices on these beats. I think I'd go for moving up the lower voice an octave or deleting the lower voice, because the higher voice goes to a note that's not played anywhere else in m6 and m8.
-The R.H. notes on beat 1 of m3, 5 and 7 could use a staccato dot too I think (they're just as short as the L.H.).
-About the slurs: slurs usually end on the last note before a rest, the last note before a new slur, or the last note that's played legato/connected to the note before. I think you can extend the slurs you have in the R.H. to the E on beat 1 in m6, the A on beat 1 in m7, the A on beat 1 in m8, and add one from the D in m8 beat 2 to the G in m9 beat 1. In the L.H. , you can extend the slurs on the 16th note runs to the first note in the next bar (except for the last bar of course). If you keep the L.H. in two layers, you'll also have to edit them individually, as Finale messes up slurs when using separate layers. They should kinda look like this, flat curves ending starting at the beam of the starting note and ending at the top left of the staccato dots on the ending notes:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m11: You could maybe flip the beams of the 8th notes so they're all beamed down. Technically this is the wrong way around, but having shorter beams in the wrong direction is sometimes preferred over longer beams in the right direction.

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

Nice! There are still a few places in the L.H. where the slurs are still not aligned that well: some overshoot the staccato dot (like m4 b3.5 You cannot view this attachment.), while others are clashing with the dot (like m4 b4.5 You cannot view this attachment.). Make sure they all approach the dot, (like m9 b1 R.H. You cannot view this attachment.). Also, you can extend the slur starting in the R.H. m3 to the E on beat 1 in m5.

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

Great, then this gets an approval from me!

You cannot view this attachment.

Fantastic Ike

Static

Man, III has some really cool tunes... Great job with this one.
  • In the accompaniment, the bass is also slurred along with the middle voice; it's not constantly staccato.
  • Perhaps the mezzoforte could be moved to the left so it's centered with the first notes.
  • Key should be D major (D mixolydian technically) - I'm in the camp of "key signature should indicate the tonic, not mode", but it's also fine to leave it as is if you prefer that.

Fantastic Ike

Static