News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Muse

Started by Gu4n, March 01, 2008, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gu4n

Muse are an English rock band formed in Teignmouth, Devon in 1994. The band comprises Matthew Bellamy (vocals, guitar and keyboards), Christopher Wolstenholme (bass guitar, keyboards and vocals) and Dominic Howard (drums and percussion). Muse blend alternative, progressive rock, classical music, electronica and hard rock to help form the new sub-genre of new prog. Muse are known best for their energetic live performances and frontman Matthew Bellamy's eccentric interests in global conspiracy, theology and the apocalypse. Muse have released four studio albums with their first Showbiz coming in 1999. The most recent, Black Holes & Revelations (2006), was also the most critically acclaimed, garnering the band a Mercury Prize nomination and coming third in the NME Albums of the Year list for 2006. And they rock.

After being a huge fan for over two years, I still don't know what my favorite song is. Do you?

Beethoven II

I was at my friends house playing Star Wars Battlefront II, and we were listening to Muse.  It was pretty cool, being the first time i've ever heard them. And i guess my friend was a fan, because he had one of the songs lyrics memorized, or more.

razer84

i like that band. they're pretty cool.

damn commies.

Gu4n

The only thing that stinks is that they won't come to the Netherlands this year, their tour is pretty limited since they're recording a new album.

Well.. I got 150 tracks of them, no bootlegs included. ^^

KefkaticFanatic

My favorite songs would have to be Knights of Cydonia (the video is awesome), Starlight (duh), Map of the Problematique, City of Delusion, Apocalypse Please, Take a Bow, Hysteria (which may be in Rock Band!!!), and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist.

Do you know if they ever come to the US?  ???

BUT YAY A NEW ALBUM.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

Not this year, I believe.

I GOT THEIR HAARP LIVE AT WEMBLEY CD. \o\

dangee63

I like the song Map of the Problematique.

Gu4n

Muse frontman Matt Bellamy has revealed his plans for the band’s future.

The star explained that he’d like their next album to feature more prog influences as well as a dancier feel.

Talking to NME, the singer and guitarist said: "I think on the next album I’d like to do at least one 15-minute space-rock solo."

He added: "Apart from that, 'Supermassive Black Hole' (2006 UK Top Five single) opened up a new area for us of dancing, grooving, rhythm section-dominated songs. I’d love to do more stuff like that really."

In related news, Muse are playing at the Royal Albert hall as part of the charity shows for the Teenage Cancer Trust next month. The band said there's not gonna be the usual lights and special effects though.

Muse have also admitted they'd be up for writing the next James Bond theme.

As one of the biggest British bands of the moment - Matt Bellamy says - he doens't see them performing it, but has someone in mind who could.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: G-Han on March 02, 2008, 10:44:38 PMNot this year, I believe.

I GOT THEIR HAARP LIVE AT WEMBLEY CD. \o\

Hoho!  It was just released yesterday as a DVD, CD packy thing, which I'll probably buy ASAP.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

The DVD is wonderful! Seriously, it was the best gig I've ever seen. _0_

KefkaticFanatic

Woot! I ordered it and it'll be here on Wednesday :D

On my iPod, it will go.

me irl
[close]

Mike

Knights of Cydonia is freaking epic, up to when he starts signing so I have to mute it but not as epic.

KefkaticFanatic

...?  Are you saying you mute it until he starts singing?  Makes sense, its just like 1 note and a bunch of screaming by fans.

EDIT:

EXTREME AWESOME. THE ALBUM CAME TODAY :D

me irl
[close]

Beethoven II

I like the "Take a Bow"

David Hauffe

Muse is by far the best band in the history of time and this universe. Knights Of Cydonia is the shit, and If you don't like it you are a communist.  ;D