News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[NES] The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner - "Stage Theme" by Jacopo Tore & Andrea Licheri

Started by Zeta, August 05, 2021, 12:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 15, 2021, 11:10:08 AMDid it!
The upper notes are still there in the LH part in m. 11 -they shouldn't be there since they're now in the RH part.

Some other feedback:
- Your page margins on page 2 don't match the page margins on page 1
- "Stage Theme" is missing the quotation marks on the page 2 header
- You should move the first system (all the systems) down on page 2 so the notes aren't so close to the header, since you have extra white space towards the bottom of the page
- I would suggest not cross-staffing anything in this piece (m. 5-6 and 9-10). Almost all of those notes have to be played with the left hand anyway, and the notes aren't too high - you already write in pitches at that level in other places like m. 3-4 and 7-8. This would also let you flip the notes and staccatos back to normal and not have to worry about staccatos being awkwardly in between the two voices in these places.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on December 21, 2021, 07:57:06 PM- I would suggest not cross-staffing anything in this piece (m. 5-6 and 9-10). Almost all of those notes have to be played with the left hand anyway, and the notes aren't too high - you already write in pitches at that level in other places like m. 3-4 and 7-8. This would also let you flip the notes and staccatos back to normal and not have to worry about staccatos being awkwardly in between the two voices in these places.
The notes are now moved to the lower staff, but now the top part still has some places that have the stems and staccatos flipped the wrong way. Go to the Stem Direction Tool under Special Tools and uncheck these boxes.
You cannot view this attachment.

Quote from: Latios212 on December 21, 2021, 07:57:06 PMThe upper notes are still there in the LH part in m. 11 -they shouldn't be there since they're now in the RH part.
This still. It should look like Radiak suggested originally:
Quote from: Radiak488417 on October 31, 2021, 10:58:01 AMFinally, like Latios mentioned, I would still strongly advocate doing this for m11 to make it easier to play:

Other things:
- Put the last two rests back at center staff in m. 2 RH since they're shared between the two layers
- m. 9 beat 4 LH should be an E instead of an A
- m. 10 beat 2 LH should be A instead of D
- Lower the arranger text just a tiny bit - it's a little close to the composer text
- Your footer and page 2 header are outside the page margins - see this topic and make sure to set the height to zero

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on December 22, 2021, 06:47:28 PMThe notes are now moved to the lower staff, but now the top part still has some places that have the stems and staccatos flipped the wrong way. Go to the Stem Direction Tool under Special Tools and uncheck these boxes.

This still. It should look like Radiak suggested originally:

Other things:
- Put the last two rests back at center staff in m. 2 RH since they're shared between the two layers
- m. 9 beat 4 LH should be an E instead of an A
- m. 10 beat 2 LH should be A instead of D
- Lower the arranger text just a tiny bit - it's a little close to the composer text
- Your footer and page 2 header are outside the page margins - see this topic and make sure to set the height to zero

Did it! But I do not understand the last thing, could you help me?

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on December 22, 2021, 06:47:28 PM- Your footer and page 2 header are outside the page margins - see this topic and make sure to set the height to zero
Quote from: JacopoTore on December 30, 2021, 10:24:08 AMDid it! But I do not understand the last thing, could you help me?
Ah sorry I forgot to actually link the topic! See 2 - Set text box alignment and margins here: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10719.0

Quote from: Latios212 on December 22, 2021, 06:47:28 PMThe notes are now moved to the lower staff, but now the top part still has some places that have the stems and staccatos flipped the wrong way. Go to the Stem Direction Tool under Special Tools and uncheck these boxes.
This still needs to be fixed for measures 5, 9, and 10.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on December 30, 2021, 10:26:55 AMAh sorry I forgot to actually link the topic! See 2 - Set text box alignment and margins here: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10719.0
This still needs to be fixed for measures 5, 9, and 10.

DID IT!

Latios212

Not quite... measures 5, 9, and 10 still have the notes/articulations flipped the wrong way. Please refer to my above post.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on January 15, 2022, 11:05:38 AMNot quite... measures 5, 9, and 10 still have the notes/articulations flipped the wrong way. Please refer to my above post.
Did iiiiiit!
:)

Latios212

Still nope... not sure if you uploaded the wrong files, but it's still not right.

Your file looks like this:
Spoiler
[close]

It should look like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Go to the Stem Direction Tool under Special Tools and uncheck the boxes for these right hand notes, and reset the positioning of the articulations (either by highlighting them and pressing backspace, or deleting and reentering them).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

It also looks like some erroneous staccatos got added, in m5, m6 and m9 specifically.
Quote from: Radiak488417 on October 31, 2021, 10:58:01 AM-m5 all notes except beats 1, 2, 3 and 4 (every offbeat)
-m6 all notes except beats 1, 3 and 4
-m9 all notes except beats 1, 2 and 3

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on January 15, 2022, 02:29:48 PMStill nope... not sure if you uploaded the wrong files, but it's still not right.

Your file looks like this:
Spoiler
[close]

It should look like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Go to the Stem Direction Tool under Special Tools and uncheck the boxes for these right hand notes, and reset the positioning of the articulations (either by highlighting them and pressing backspace, or deleting and reentering them).

Ok now?

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

This looks pretty clean, I just have a few suggestions.

-In bars 3-11 you have a lot of mixing of staccato and non-staccato notes and I think it would massively aid the readability if you added slurs onto the non-staccato notes.  Like this:
Spoiler
[close]
-The 8va and tempo marking could be a little lower at the start.
-The slur in bar 2 is a little off from the target G on beat 3.  Try to make it reach the staccato dot in the usual position.
-The midi currently loops endlessly, so you should change the D.S. to only repeat twice.

I have fixed all of these in a file if you want to use it.  Feel free.