News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[NES] Mega Man - "Stage Clear" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, July 31, 2021, 08:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Stage Clear
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Also a contender for shortest sheet I've ever submitted. This here's a revamped version of my second-ever submitted sheet, fixed up by Bespinben but never accepted. I've received permission from him to submit this again, with his name mentioned as a "special thanks".
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Wow, the timing of that note on m. 2 beat 1.75 really messes up the rhythmic notation. In theory what you have is correct, but I think there's something to be said to notate the last two bars like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
The playback on the grace note might be slightly too fast (or maybe it's actually correct lol), but I think this conveys the context better than a sudden tempo change and triplet quarter notes. It's more about what the player would like to see versus what is the exact rhythm the notes are played.

Everything else is fine! I'd only move the f marking in bar 1 a liiittle bit to the right,maybe like 2 or 3 right arrow clicks, but that's it pretty much.

Static

I think m2 is fine in 4/4, that's how I hear it in the original at least and I think its a bit easier to read a tempo change than a time signature change. That might just be me though. Either way, the notes look good, and I second the forte-nudging suggestion.

LeviR.star

Forte nudged, and the last two bars are now in 6/8. Files updated!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

For what it's worth, I do agree with Static and think it's easier to read in 4/4...

If you do want to keep it like this, though, make sure to include an (eighth=eighth) marking with the timesig change
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on August 16, 2021, 08:30:49 PMIf you do want to keep it like this, though, make sure to include an (eighth=eighth) marking with the timesig change

No disrespect meant by this, but I think I'll just add the (♪ = ♪) marking. It's a strange fanfare that I feel will be confusing either way, so I'll just pick one.

Static

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot