News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Started by jake3343, August 19, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Koji Kondo
36 (58.1%)
Nobuo Uematsu
12 (19.4%)
Grant Kirkhope
5 (8.1%)
somebody else
9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 61

GreekGeek

Well, I must admit it wouldn't be the first music I would be attracted to because no offence, but ppl think Pokémon is for little children, but I still like the music. I hadn't heard from Tsukasa Tawada before. First one I knew was Koji Kondo. Be sure to check out Cipher Lab which I arranged, it's really cool (the song, not my arrangement).

Brassman388

I don't think that it's for kids too much, I remember some of the music from SSBM and i thought that poke floats had an amazing bass line. If i could get a link for some of the more recent works, then i could form a more...informed opinion...ya know?

Shadoninja

Koji Kondo- His earlier work was fantastic, but he's kind of losing it these days.

Nobuo Uematsu- Like Kondo his earlier work is awesome, it seems that you can only get the full effect of each piece if you've played that game enough, so in that case, I don't fully care for the music after ff6, except for a select few.

Martin O' Donnell- Has some really epic orchestral scores and can really compose to fit a mood.

it's a really tough decision but for now i'll choose Nobuo uematsu as the best vg composer. we'll see what the future holds.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

shane91c

Ko-ji! Ko-ji! Ko-ji!

Koji Kondo is hands-down THE best composer.

*Gets SMB Theme stuck in head, nothing unusual...*

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

KefkaticFanatic

I repeat, Dancing Mad.  There is simply nothing that can compare.

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

Dude

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 11, 2009, 03:29:12 PMI repeat, Dancing Mad.  There is simply nothing that can compare.
I can think of a couple.

Brassman388

Quote from: Dude on March 15, 2009, 11:18:03 AM
Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 11, 2009, 03:29:12 PMI repeat, Dancing Mad.  There is simply nothing that can compare.
I can think of a couple.

Yeah, a FULL orchestrated version of Dancing Mad. Now THAT is a fuck-win! XD

Shadoninja

Quote from: Brassman388 on March 15, 2009, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: Dude on March 15, 2009, 11:18:03 AM
I can think of a couple.

Yeah, a FULL orchestrated version of Dancing Mad. Now THAT is a fuck-win! XD
\
except for the fact that all the orchestrated versions of dancing mad i've heard were complete shit.

Brassman388

Just wait till I get to college, then I'll make an arrangement that'll be notable. Just wait.  ;D

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

Brassman388

Not all of them, you should listen to their first album. That one is truly thier greatest.

Shadoninja

Brassman388