News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Post Your Desktop!

Started by Playgame38, August 19, 2008, 02:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey

I remember a few analogies about Computers.

Here's one. Computers to cars.

"Bill Gates announced that if GM where working on the same technology as Microsoft, we would all have cars that ran on air and had 10000 miles to the gallon.

GM Replied that if this was true, we would have:

• Cars that would crash daily, and you would deal with it.
  • Cars that would freeze, you would stop, restart and continue your journey, and you would not care.
  • Every time they repaved the roads you would have to get a new car. No exceptions.
  • Macantosh would also come out with a car. It would have no problems, no breakdowns but would only run on 5% of the roads.
"

Eh, there's more to this analogy but I'm too lazy too keep typing. Besides, I got my point across.

acropol

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 19, 2008, 03:34:05 PMUse prtscn to take a picture...

Look at the quality difference. :P
[/quote]

that's because we shrank the images...

Playgame38

Quote from: acropol on August 19, 2008, 09:14:09 PM
Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 19, 2008, 03:34:05 PMUse prtscn to take a picture...

Look at the quality difference. :P

that's because we shrank the images...
[/quote]

Quality is everything!

<<Last number is 8

acropol

i dont know why you'd need a high quality image of somebody else's desktop..

Jamaha

Last time I checked Print Screen takes the screen exactly the way it was?

Also, desktop coming up.

Mike

Yeah. It takes it the exact same quality your screen is. You just need something better than Paint to save it as a jpeg.

Or a Mac. Command+Shift+3 takes a screenshot of the screen and saves it as a png (way better than jpeg) directly on your desktop.

Jamaha

PianoMasta7

I have like, 10,000 icons on mine.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/2431/desktopvd2.jpg

Quote from: JaMaHaCleaning is overrated.

Agreed

Dekudude

Quote from: JaMaHa on August 20, 2008, 08:44:30 AM

Cleaning is overrated.

LOL: Dekuduke the Brave... nice. :P You probably should clean that up a bit, though. ^_^

Jamaha

And for something cleaner.

KefkaticFanatic

Ohay I see myself.  That IRC client would bug the hell out of me though.

me irl
[close]

Dekudude

ZeldaFan

i don't have any interesting icons... just the basic stuff. but here's my wallpaper:

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Gooch

Well, i HAD a pretty kewl desktop, but the computer it was on no longer has internet for some reason that im not immediately sure of, cuz no one seems to know and we haven't been able to hook it up to internet like we did the others, but it'll just have to wait until i can get that computer back (cuz i dont have a clue where i got teh wall paper)

Concerto No.20 in D minor

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4/desktopnj9.png
If you squint, it ALMOST looks like I'm using a mac...it kind of feels like I'm using a mac :'(