[DELETED] [GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Main Theme (Two Pianos)" by WobbliestGem

Started by Zeta, May 27, 2021, 07:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Paper Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: WobbliestGem

Static

Glad to see some Paper Mario! This track is quite a beast to arrange... Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you arranged this: https://musescore.com/user/3682901/scores/6178074

I'll second what msf said when I say you should probably try and submit some more simple pieces to start off with. The more complex a piece is, the more tempting it can be to copy others' work, but plagiarism is frowned upon here, as it should be.

WobbliestGem

You're right I shouldn't have plagiarized. I just can't think of any songs that I can arrange that are easy and manageable enough for me to do. Most pieces that I want to do are usually way too complex so I've just been trying to find something that I can try to arrange that have a reasonable enough challenge.

Static

Here's a few suggestions of not-too-crazy pieces that you might enjoy arranging:

From TTYD: Tutorial Battle, Super Fun Quirk Quiz, Grubba's Theme
From M&L:SS/Bowser's Minions: File Select, Koopa Temple
From PiT: Title Theme, Prince Bowser

All these tracks have layers that are relatively easy to distinguish from each other, which will help you pick out the right notes. Consider trying out one or more of these examples!

In the meantime, I'm going to delete this submission.

Latios212

Just to clarify:

Plagiarism of other people's sheets is against the rules and absolutely not acceptable. All work you submit must be your own.

Of course, you are always free to ask around for help if you are having trouble arranging. Thanks!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle