Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Mass Attack
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Tree to Tree
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Yay this is a great piece :) It's also cool how the main section changes to minor the second time around...

Great sheet too, just a few small things to mention.
- I think the first melody note in m. 5 should have a visible glissando leading into it (from the previous measure). Same for 37
- Would suggest removing the naturals from the keysig change at the end of m. 28 (Document > Document Options > Key Signature > uncheck Cancel Outgoing Key Signature)
- Oddly enough, beat 3.5 in m. 40 LH is a G just like the note before it
- Lastly, I feel bad for saying this, but can we remove the text at the end? I know we've had some instances in the past of similar notes but we should probably have NSM sheets consistently stick to just the music :3
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on May 13, 2021, 04:36:00 PMYay this is a great piece :) It's also cool how the main section changes to minor the second time around...

Great sheet too, just a few small things to mention.
- I think the first melody note in m. 5 should have a visible glissando leading into it (from the previous measure). Same for 37
- Would suggest removing the naturals from the keysig change at the end of m. 28 (Document > Document Options > Key Signature > uncheck Cancel Outgoing Key Signature)
- Oddly enough, beat 3.5 in m. 40 LH is a G just like the note before it
- Lastly, I feel bad for saying this, but can we remove the text at the end? I know we've had some instances in the past of similar notes but we should probably have NSM sheets consistently stick to just the music :3

Took care of all of this!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Wow, this is a cool track that I have no memory of.

My thoughts:
- I'm a bit mixed on whether the key change is necessary. The original does have minor chords in the reprise, but most of those notes aren't in the sheet, aside from a small number of Fn's/Bb's. It also ends up creating more accidentals than it removes. At the least, I would move the key change until m37; m29-36 feels like a direct continuation of m5-28 that's just borrowing from the parallel minor instead of directly modulating to it. Another opinion might be helpful here.
- For m3-4, I think it sounds a bit weird for the bass to cut out suddenly. I would suggest keeping both the low LH line and guitar chords together:

- m5-20 (and the reprise) also sounds really empty without any of the full, harmonic guitar chords from the original. At the least, I would suggest adding another note to beat 2.5 in every measure, like so:

- LH m32 beat 1.5 seems like it would be better written as a staccato eighth note. It's the exact same length as LH m31 beat 4.5, anyway.
- I would also put a staccato on LH m32 beat 4.
- m50 RH beat 4 should be E# instead of Fn since the melody in that phrase is using the major scale. I think(?) the Fn in m44 RH is okay, at least if you keep the minor key signature, but it's still weird that it's written differently from m12.
- I don't remember if I've told you this before, but it's not conventional/preferred (although still acceptable) to beam eighth notes in groups of three and over rests. If you want to break these beams, you can go to Document > Beams > Uncheck "Include Rests when Beaming in Groups of Four" and "Beam Three Eighth Notes Before/After an Eighth Rest," and then highlight all measures and go to Utilities > Rebeam > Rebeam Music. Or, if you want to keep it as is, that's okay too.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Ooh, feedback time. :o

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 17, 2021, 03:51:38 PM- m5-20 (and the reprise) also sounds really empty without any of the full, harmonic guitar chords from the original. At the least, I would suggest adding another note to beat 2.5 in every measure, like so:

Changed my sheet according to every bullet point, except this one. I agree that it feels weird for the guitar to cut out like it does, but I like having the left hand move comfortably over the span of an octave. I feel that adding a note on top every beat 2.5 is unnecessarily complicating things, and that it doesn't do much to make up for the guitar's absence. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Files are updated, I hope the key change left some sensible accidentals intact.

Static

You might also want to double check that copyright year

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 19, 2021, 05:25:37 PMChanged my sheet according to every bullet point, except this one. I agree that it feels weird for the guitar to cut out like it does, but I like having the left hand move comfortably over the span of an octave. I feel that adding a note on top every beat 2.5 is unnecessarily complicating things, and that it doesn't do much to make up for the guitar's absence. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Just wanted to pop in and say yeah I agree with Levi here; I don't think it gains much in the way of sound considering how much more difficult the extra notes would make it.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on May 19, 2021, 05:30:06 PMYou might also want to double check that copyright year

Aw, shucks, I forgot I was originally basing around the version from Kirby Mass Attack's prototype build on the Super Nintendo.

Fixed.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 19, 2021, 06:47:19 PMAw, shucks, I forgot I was originally basing around the version from Kirby Mass Attack's prototype build on the Super Nintendo.
imagine controlling ten Kirbies at once with a SNES controller

looks good
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot