News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[PC] Symphonic Rain - "Lycéenne" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, April 21, 2021, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Symphonic Rain
Console: PC
Title: Lycéenne
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• You should make that quarter note on beat 3.5 of m15, 22 LH and beat 1.5 of m37 RH into tied 8th notes instead to be consistent with your grouping in places like m1 and 6 LH. Or alternatively, change m1 LH and similar to just be a dotted quarter.
  • m11 RH beat 3.25 should be B#.
  • m25, 44 LH beat 4.5: I don't hear the 16ths, just an 8th note G.
  • m30-39 sounds a lot more like G Major than D Major to me.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on May 04, 2021, 07:55:13 PMYou should make that quarter note on beat 3.5 of m15, 22 LH and beat 1.5 of m37 RH into tied 8th notes instead to be consistent with your grouping in places like m1 and 6 LH. Or alternatively, change m1 LH and similar to just be a dotted quarter.
For some reason eighth + dotted quarter bothers me but eighth + quarter + eighth doesn't as much... anyway I've changed it according to the first suggestion to be consistent.

Good catches on the rest, those were just silly mistakes. New files up now! Thanks.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Maelstrom

Unsure about the RH restrike in m30. Yeah, it follows the vocal line that way, but I don't hear a restrike in whatever is playing there. I sorta hear it in the following measures though?

Refresh my memory - do naturals automatically apply through 8vas or are courtesy accidentals commonly used? (m38 RH)

Regarding the LH - Most of the places where you cut out LH stuff to make it work better on piano makes perfect sense and I agree with it.
However, I think the E on b4 of m14 would be nice

m17b1.5LH - D, not an E

m30-m35 - The inclusion of the 16ths here feels a bit arbitrary. I hear a number more being played on guitar, and no special weight given to the 2 you have written in. Just curious what lead you to include those specifically.

The rest looks great.

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2021, 02:00:37 PMUnsure about the RH restrike in m30. Yeah, it follows the vocal line that way, but I don't hear a restrike in whatever is playing there. I sorta hear it in the following measures though?
Ooh yeah you're right I think these are all supposed to be half notes in m. 30-32.

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2021, 02:00:37 PMRefresh my memory - do naturals automatically apply through 8vas or are courtesy accidentals commonly used? (m38 RH)
I don't remember specifically but I'll clarify that.

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2021, 02:00:37 PMRegarding the LH - Most of the places where you cut out LH stuff to make it work better on piano makes perfect sense and I agree with it.
However, I think the E on b4 of m14 would be nice
Yeah, sounds good!

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2021, 02:00:37 PMm17b1.5LH - D, not an E
oh no oops

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2021, 02:00:37 PMm30-m35 - The inclusion of the 16ths here feels a bit arbitrary. I hear a number more being played on guitar, and no special weight given to the 2 you have written in. Just curious what lead you to include those specifically.
It's been a little while since I originally wrote out, but what I remember (and from listening again) is that those were ones that fit naturally with the contour of what I was writing. It probably is a little bit arbitrary but I've played the sheet so many times I don't really know anymore. I think some of the accompaniment in this part needed to be improvised a little bit anyway due to the layering in the original. I haven't touched anything for now, but if you have any suggestions feel free and I'll take another look.

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2021, 02:00:37 PMThe rest looks great.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I'd suggest including it in the first half of m30, I think it's fine to leave out everywhere else.

Latios212

I think I'd prefer to keep that as eighth notes, just to preserve the constant eighth note drive that's present throughout the section and the song overall (m. 31 and 33 have the RH playing eighth notes).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot