News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - "Hytopia" by Cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, April 21, 2021, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Hytopia
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

There's constant arpeggio + waltz chord in the tune so I made the first half of the piece use the arpeggio and the second half use the waltz rhythm because I felt it flowed better. Also, the rubato part took me a bit to get the rhythm + tempo right, but if there's a better/more accurate way to show it I'll change it.

Also, the english name for this is Hytopia, but the playlist I get them from has them all in french lol

Zeila

This looks pretty clean, nice work :3
  • it would look a bit neater if you adjusted the measure attributes to include extra space in the beginning (somewhere between 0.02 and 0.06 depending on the measure itself) to accomodate for the arpeggio markings in measures 10 and 27
  • I think this would be nicer with a bit more dynamic variation. Some suggestions I have are:
      * mf at m9
      * diminuendo at m10 where the last eighth note is mp, then back to mf at m11
      * another diminuendo at m18 to where m19 is mp
      * crescendo at m26 up to mf at m27
      * last two measures diminuendo
  • m13/14/27 you could put marcatos on beat 1 instead of staccatos (and m13 beat 1 of the RH does sound like it should at least have a staccato if not a marcato or accented staccato marking)
  • m23-25 this might sound off to you, but you could try using tremolos here with the octaves to emulate the guitar; another suggestion could be to just put arpeggio markings there if you want to do something different
  • m26-27 beat 1 RH why did you get rid of the octave doubling here?

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Zeila on May 18, 2021, 02:29:30 PM
    • m23-25 this might sound off to you, but you could try using tremolos here with the octaves to emulate the guitar; another suggestion could be to just put arpeggio markings there if you want to do something different
    I'm not a big fan of how tremolos would sound, I also feel like simply changing it to octaves gives off the same effect of things becoming more full (I also think it'd just be nicer to play as octaves).

Quote from: Zeila on May 18, 2021, 02:29:30 PM
    • m26-27 beat 1 RH why did you get rid of the octave doubling here?
    To me, that part sounded less full than the previous line, so I wanted to reflect that. But I went ahead and added the octaves.

Latios212

Sorry for the wait on this one! Checking it over now, this looks pretty nice :)

- As usual, I suggest slurring your grace notes
    - m. 4 beat 1.5 should be A instead of E
    - I don't think the rhythm in the right hand of m. 10 looks right. I think I would just opt for all eighth notes as the actual note durations don't seem to differ all that much.
    - Would suggest a "Tempo primo"/"Tempo I" along with (or replacing) the metronome marking in m. 11
    - Give the mf in m. 27 space (it's overlapping the articulation)
    - You could easily split the chord between both hands in m. 28 instead of having a slightly awkward grace note + jump to chord in the LH
    - A but unusual, but I would suggest something like this for m. 6 to make it easier to read and toss that high C to the right hand:
    You cannot view this attachment.
    My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
    who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
    [close]
    turtle

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2021, 11:40:37 AM- I don't think the rhythm in the right hand of m. 10 looks right. I think I would just opt for all eighth notes as the actual note durations don't seem to differ all that much.
    It feels like the beat 2 ones are just ever so slightly faster, but that might just be the rubato... I tried to get the tempo right.

Updated.

Latios212

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 31, 2021, 12:07:04 PMIt feels like the beat 2 ones are just ever so slightly faster, but that might just be the rubato... I tried to get the tempo right.
    Yeah I think the rubato accounts for this enough.

Neato looks good
    My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
    who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
    [close]
    turtle

Static

Looks pretty great, I like the variety of accompaniment patterns here, instead of just using the waltz accompaniment all the way through.
    • Fermatas should appear in both staves
    • m22 LH should be C# instead of Db since it's a C# half dim chord (or C#7b5 if you're feeling jazzy), but without the 3rd.
    That's all I got here, nice work.

cashwarrior1

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot