Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Wii
Title: A Very Spooky Sprint
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Toadbrr

Static

Just a heads up, when you create new edits for your files, just head over to the NSM Panel in the top bar where you'll see your current submissions. On the right side, there's an Edit icon that you can click to re-upload the files so you don't have to keep creating a new topic. Thanks!

I'll repost Kriketune's post on the last thread here and delete the old thread for you:

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 23, 2021, 07:11:59 AMHey there, welcome to NSM!  I like the song pick, that's a fun one from Galaxy.

First off, a Youtube link is included on the forum as way to reference what the original should sound like.  It's expected that the submitting arranger does this but I just did it myself. 

Here's some feedback: the accompaniment part is not playable in full.  Example included but there are some other spots where the notes are too far apart.

as well as

To make this more playable, I'd suggest moving notes and their pitches both up and down in the left hand.  Your hand can really only play two octaves for the same note, so going outside of that range makes a part unplayable for that hand.

Additionally, you need to include a tempo marking at the beginning to go with the presto performance guidance.

The NinSheet updaters recently did a workshop on accompaniment and simplifying parts for left hand.  Here's a link to that if you want some additional guidance on the topic: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TyjZYx0xtuHSL-0772liE6NxcDQKX5EWqalhi7DL65Q/edit#slide=id.gc8db3e863b_0_833

I didn't check for note accuracy, but I wanted to give you some feedback on some stuff that jumped out

mastersuperfan

Some feedback:
- The LH accompaniment in the sheet doesn't seem to have a lot of the right notes that are in the original accompaniment. For example, m2-4 LH beats 1.5-3 should be D-F# instead of A-D. m5 LH should have a stepwise ascending bassline. m6 LH beats 1.5-2 should be E-F#, and beat 3 should be E and G. And more, for the remainder of the LH. I would advise you to do thoroughly and carefully check the notes and re-transcribe the LH. AudioStretch is a super helpful tool for slowing down the audio and identifying individual notes—see here for a guide to using it: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=11175.0
- For beat 1 on most LH measures, I would suggest using octaves, or even just accented single notes, that emphasize the note played by the low instruments on beat 1 of every measure.
- The RH harmonies at the bottom of page 2/top of page 3 are different in the original than what you have here; again, I would go through the notes carefully with AudioStretch and figure out what notes are actually there.

In short: the notes on this arrangement currently need some work. Like I said, AudioStretch (guide linked above) is really helpful for this, so I highly recommend giving that a try and seeing if you can transcribe the correct notes more easily. Feel free to reply or reach out to us if you have any questions or need further clarification!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

Since this piece is a waltz, which is written in 3 but felt in 1, "presto" feels a little odd as a tempo marking. It's actually not a particularly fast waltz tempo. It is technically accurate when you're talking strictly metronome markings, but something like "Moderate waltz" might be a more informative thing—especially since you're providing the BPM "presto" isn't quite necessary. It could also draw attention to this music's connection to the "waltz of the Boos" track, basically noting that the way they're representing the haunted levels in this game is by putting the music into a triple meter. (This is also their tactic in Super Mario 3D World)

Not at all a necessary change, just throwing my two cents in.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Libera

Latios212

I'm going to archive this one for inactivity. Feel free to resubmit with changes based on the feedback above, and feel free to reach out for help if you need it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle