News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "In the Fields" (Replacement) by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, January 19, 2021, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: In the Fields
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

mastersuperfan

Looks nice, just a few things:
- Tempo should be 94 BPM instead of 96.
- You could include a mordent on m7/m21 RH to replicate the flute mordent in the original.
- On m8/m22 LH beat 4, the D# in the chord sounds like it should be an E instead.
- For m10 RH beat 4.5 (F#-A) dyad, it sounds like the lower note should be an E instead of an F#.
- m10 RH beat 3 sounds like it extends to the beginning of beat 4 (where you currently have a sixteenth rest).
- Adjust the slur at the end of m22 RH so that it's "outgoing" into m9 instead of ending on beat 4.75?
- I don't really like how the second page just has two systems and a bunch of empty space while the first page is pretty busy and cramped. On top of that, I think it'd look better if the staves were spaced apart more (especially due to how close that slur gets in m13), so I think this sheet would benefit if you spaced everything out more and pushed one system onto the second page.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

I intentionally avoided the mordent in m7/21 because it's not possible to hold the chord and play it at the same time.
Everything else was changed, nice catches and thanks for the feedback.

Files updated.

TheZeldaPianist275

Is it not possible to play the mordent if you use the fingering 1-2-4 on the chord?

Maelstrom

being able to play an octave with 1-4 and a note in the middle without moving your hand to hit a 9th with your 5th finger is an impressive feat I doubt few people who play sheets on the site can do.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 16, 2021, 01:54:50 PMbeing able to play an octave with 1-4 and a note in the middle without moving your hand to hit a 9th with your 5th finger is an impressive feat I doubt few people who play sheets on the site can do.
Mael has massive hands, so if he says it's impossible, I'll take his word for it.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 30, 2021, 02:41:18 PM- m10 RH beat 3 sounds like it extends to the beginning of beat 4 (where you currently have a sixteenth rest).
also this

Also, the outgoing slur at the end of m22 kind of... droops down instantly and doesn't look outgoing at all, lol. I was thinking something more like this:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Actually, the way I created it was by pasting the measure it loops to right afterwards, putting a slur there, and moving a new slur directly over top of it, before removing the final measure and the extra slur. The final effect is a slur that is placed exactly how finale would have placed it if the song had continued on. If you think this isn't good enough, I can change it, but I think it's fine as is. The next note isn't really that much higher anyway ...

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 19, 2021, 06:18:46 AMActually, the way I created it was by pasting the measure it loops to right afterwards, putting a slur there, and moving a new slur directly over top of it, before removing the final measure and the extra slur. The final effect is a slur that is placed exactly how finale would have placed it if the song had continued on. If you think this isn't good enough, I can change it, but I think it's fine as is. The next note isn't really that much higher anyway ...
Hmm, okay. I think it's a bit strange, but it's fine.

Approved.

Latios212

Looks great, just a couple of small things:
- Bass note in m. 4 beat 4 stays at E instead of dropping down to C#
- Grace notes in m. 14-16 should be B# instead of B
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta